The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

fuel injector seals

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeelesKustome

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 29, 2007
Waverly, Tennessee
1g swap in 98 2g.

i noticed upon tightening down my 2g fuel railand regulator on the 1g swap that the 850cc injectors i have aren't all tight.

meaning 2 of them cannot swivel when plugging them in, but the other 2 have alittle play in them like they aren't tight....
i the little rubber gaskets that are on the upper part touching the fuel rail,, could these be bad? will this leak if they aren't tight? i am not talking about the cylinder ring gaskets. i'm talking about the rubber sleeve.
and what do i need to do to fix it?

ya def need new seals its always best to change the lower ones that go into the intake manifold and also the upper sleeves, also if you do get new ones its good to lube them up with a little oil i got few sets of injector o rings and sleeves brand new pm me if you need them i might also have some used in good condition you can have for free!!!!!! just pm me your address ill ship them out to you..........:hellyeah:

Also Make sure that the fuel rail spaces are sitting flush.............

neither i need the sheet, i guess?

I can only assume it isn't pressing the injectors in as hard as they should be.
is their another remedy for this?

Regardless, you can buy a fuel injector seal kit. Comes with all the seals for injector: o-ring, sheet, etc. You have to buy 4 of them though. I bought mine at Napa. The seal that goes into the head on mine were all dried up, cracking, and of course leaking. But I am sure autozone and all those would have them. If not could. Mine were $6 a pop. no too bad considering what you get

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back