The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

WPC Treatment

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uberstrafe

15+ Year Contributor
May 18, 2005
Ft. Collins, Colorado
I just picked up this months issue of Turbo Mag and wondered if anyone had heard of or used the wpc treatment that they talk about in the tech section. They described it as shot peening on a smaller scale and from the article they pretty much said it was way better and there are not really any downsides to the treatment. The catch is that there is only one place in the US that does it and the process is secret. The site for the company is WPC Treatment ##MICRO-RITE Performance Inc.##. What do you guys think?

We have had this done to our 2g.

We had two cranks, two sets of rod and main bearings, 8 rods, 8 pistons and 8 wrist pins done. I can honestly say I have never seen a set of engine parts look more ready to rock. Absolutely awesome. It was not cheap though. We had coated all of those thing but the crank before with two or three different vendors.

It cost just under $500 to have each motor done. We wanted the absolutely best in coatings availabe, and I can honestly say that if you can afford it, and are looking to get coatings done, WPC is hands down the premier treatment in the world.

I need to also add we had this done back in 2006. So to us it is not all that new.

Steven

I work with the guys at WPC often. Its not really all that necessary of a treatment but if you want the best of the best and you have the money to spend then go for it. It definately makes your high friction parts last longer.

Attention all I made an inquiry with the company WPC Treatment and got some basic pricing for some common 4g63 parts that would benefit from this treatment.
My question to you all (DSM community) is have any of you used this particular treatment for turbo components and did you see a difference in spool and general performance?

I have watched the videos and can see that parts treated with WPC have less loss of rotation due to friction which to me would be very beneficial for a turbo especially a journal bearing turbo.

Here is part of the email I received from WPC talking about what turbo parts are treated.

Dear Mr. Beau Sims,

Thank you for your inquiry.
What I can tell you is we treat turbo charger parts and customers are happy with the result.
We usually treat plain bearing turbo parts such as shaft, collars, thrust washers and rings.
The cost depends on the dimensions but general cost is $100-150.

I have decided to have this treatment done to my turbo. Before I do I am going to test it before and after to have some genuine before and after spool rates and temperature readings to see exactly how well the treatment helps.

Just an FYI.

The turbo is a genuine 20g.

I look forward to the results.

If you type WPC in the youtube search bar there are some videos showing just how slippery this treatment can make things. I really think it will help and for the $150 you can't beat it.

The turnaround for the parts is 3-4 days which is awesome for those of us that can't have our toys down for to long.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back