Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > DSM Tech > Cylinder Head & Short Block
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Cylinder Head & Short Block: 4G63 cams, valvetrain, pistons, rods, stroker kits, 6-bolt swaps, hybrids, etc. Read this Forum's Strict Guidelines.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2005, 12:29 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 292
Photos: 10
Classifieds Rating: 4
Send a message via AIM to Drifter27_04 Send a message via Yahoo to Drifter27_04

cam identify?

Hey you guys, I am needing some help identifying a set of cams I have. I bought a car and the guy I bought it from did not tell me it have cams in it but as I am rebuilding they are not to look stock cams. The only thing I can say is that of the following etching below:

It has "CWC" on both cams

On the intake it has "C-1" and "D-5"
On the exhaust it has "C-2" and "E-29"

Can someone help me in indentifying the following so I know what I am looking at and find the specs of the following cams?

Thanks

Visit Drifter27_04's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:11 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
DSM Wiseman

Tech Posts: 25,202
Photos: 8
Classifieds Rating: 2
Cam differences cam identification cam ID cams camshafts camshaft degreeing timing
Visit Defiant's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 12-07-2005, 09:09 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 79
Classifieds Rating: -1
Reputation: dvbrien is extremely helpful and trustworthydvbrien is extremely helpful and trustworthy
Question

Camshaft Question Not Easy...

I was told that my car has Crower Cams but when I pulled the valve cover off I couldn't find their stamp anywhere. All I found was... On 1 end I found D2 on each cam on the other end I found EP4604... Could Anyone please tell me what this is / From? Please... I think these are stock cams but, not certain. If they are could you please show me where I can find evidence that they are... I am taking the seller to small claims for the Many Lies he's told and misrepresentation of the car...
Thx DvB

Old 12-07-2005, 02:09 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 188
Classifieds Rating: 1
i have crower stage 2's, and mine dont say anything on them about being crower, all thats one them is a T and a EP or something ontop between the lobes, if that helps, i have no idea

Old 12-07-2005, 08:36 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
DSM Wiseman

Tech Posts: 25,202
Photos: 8
Classifieds Rating: 2
See link above.
Visit Defiant's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 03-08-2006, 08:19 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 222
Send a message via AIM to TommyDSM
Sorry to bring and old thread back, but my cams also say D2 EP4604 But also says
C2 E8 CWC, Webcam 547 3/00
D1 Ep4606
C1 E8 CWC, Webcam 546 3/00.

When I purchased my car was told it had race webcams. So I guess I do. I hope that helps.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:16 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 151
Send a message via AIM to talon96tsi
Does the 547 refer to the lift? if so those are massive. Please reply with and answer I just bought Webcams that are marked c2 with EP4604 and am trying to figure out just how big these really are.

Old 05-03-2006, 05:21 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon96tsi
Does the 547 refer to the lift? if so those are massive. Please reply with and answer I just bought Webcams that are marked c2 with EP4604 and am trying to figure out just how big these really are.

546/547 Refers to Grind Numbers... Vavle lifts for those Grind Numbers are .400/.385, Duration in Degree is 272. Hope that helps.

Old 05-03-2006, 05:51 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Proven Member

Is there anywhere I can go to check out the different webcams and description of them.

I have the number written down on a piece of paper at home but I am not there. I do know that my cams read different from yours. Mine does not read E8 (if I am correct it showed E29), did not see D1 (I do recall seeing a D5), EP4606, C1 (intake; off top of my mind), C2 (exhaust; off top of my mind).

Last edited by Drifter27_04; 05-03-2006 at 08:44 AM.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:01 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter27_04
Is there anywhere I can go to check out the different webcams and description of them.

I have the number written down on a piece of paper at home but I am not there. I do know that my cams read different from yours. Mine does not read E8 (if I am correct it showed E28 something like that), did not see D1 (I do recall seeing a D5), EP4606, C1 (intake; off top of my mind), C2 (exhaust; off top of my mind).

You probably have a different Grind number also... maybe the 274 or higher...

Old 05-03-2006, 06:03 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #11 (permalink)
Proven Member

Do you know where I may find these numbers and view them?

Old 05-03-2006, 06:24 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #12 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter27_04
Do you know where I may find these numbers and view them?

Well I got the info awhile ago not sure where it resides now.
But you look at the Grind Number

546/547, Valve Lift of .400/.385 and Duration in Degrees 272
Designed to bolt into a stock engine to increase overall performance. Stock fuel injection OK.

452/228, Valve Lift of .415/.390 and Duration in Degrees 274
Increases mid and upper end power for built engines. Racing springs recommended. Turbo use OK. Programmable fuel injection required!

453/228, Valve Lift of .415/.390 and Duration in Degrees 276
Increases mid and upper end power. Racing springs recommended. Turbo use OK. Race profile only! Programmable fuel injection required! A WEB CAM winner!