The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

cam identify?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drifter27_04

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 13, 2005
Winston Salem, North_Carolina
Hey you guys, I am needing some help identifying a set of cams I have. I bought a car and the guy I bought it from did not tell me it have cams in it but as I am rebuilding they are not to look stock cams. The only thing I can say is that of the following etching below:

It has "CWC" on both cams

On the intake it has "C-1" and "D-5"
On the exhaust it has "C-2" and "E-29"

Can someone help me in indentifying the following so I know what I am looking at and find the specs of the following cams?

Thanks

I was told that my car has Crower Cams but when I pulled the valve cover off I couldn't find their stamp anywhere. All I found was... On 1 end I found D2 on each cam on the other end I found EP4604... Could Anyone please tell me what this is / From? Please... I think these are stock cams but, not certain. If they are could you please show me where I can find evidence that they are... I am taking the seller to small claims for the Many Lies he's told and misrepresentation of the car...
Thx DvB

i have crower stage 2's, and mine dont say anything on them about being crower, all thats one them is a T and a EP or something ontop between the lobes, if that helps, i have no idea

Sorry to bring and old thread back, but my cams also say D2 EP4604 But also says
C2 E8 CWC, Webcam 547 3/00
D1 Ep4606
C1 E8 CWC, Webcam 546 3/00.

When I purchased my car was told it had race webcams. So I guess I do. I hope that helps.

Does the 547 refer to the lift? if so those are massive. Please reply with and answer I just bought Webcams that are marked c2 with EP4604 and am trying to figure out just how big these really are.

talon96tsi said:
Does the 547 refer to the lift? if so those are massive. Please reply with and answer I just bought Webcams that are marked c2 with EP4604 and am trying to figure out just how big these really are.

546/547 Refers to Grind Numbers... Vavle lifts for those Grind Numbers are .400/.385, Duration in Degree is 272. Hope that helps.:cool:

Is there anywhere I can go to check out the different webcams and description of them.

I have the number written down on a piece of paper at home but I am not there. I do know that my cams read different from yours. Mine does not read E8 (if I am correct it showed E29), did not see D1 (I do recall seeing a D5), EP4606, C1 (intake; off top of my mind), C2 (exhaust; off top of my mind).

Drifter27_04 said:
Is there anywhere I can go to check out the different webcams and description of them.

I have the number written down on a piece of paper at home but I am not there. I do know that my cams read different from yours. Mine does not read E8 (if I am correct it showed E28 something like that), did not see D1 (I do recall seeing a D5), EP4606, C1 (intake; off top of my mind), C2 (exhaust; off top of my mind).

You probably have a different Grind number also... maybe the 274 or higher...

Drifter27_04 said:
Do you know where I may find these numbers and view them?

Well I got the info awhile ago not sure where it resides now.
But you look at the Grind Number

546/547, Valve Lift of .400/.385 and Duration in Degrees 272
Designed to bolt into a stock engine to increase overall performance. Stock fuel injection OK.

452/228, Valve Lift of .415/.390 and Duration in Degrees 274
Increases mid and upper end power for built engines. Racing springs recommended. Turbo use OK. Programmable fuel injection required!

453/228, Valve Lift of .415/.390 and Duration in Degrees 276
Increases mid and upper end power. Racing springs recommended. Turbo use OK. Race profile only! Programmable fuel injection required! A WEB CAM winner!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back