The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

S2000 cluster

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM's 4 life

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2011
Buffalo, New_York
My project car has an engine swapped n/a crab distributor setup so, I did not need an ecu. I am wondering if you can get a gauge cluster with pigtails and simply wire them in or do you need some sort of module that it must go through for the signal?

I am sure that you could get it to work properly, with the correct sensors/wiring.

Would it be worth it, most likely not, but hey, its your cash.

You'd need the cluster, with any apropriate plugs that go into the cluster (I suppose you could call these pigtails).

You will also need a pin out of any of the connectors that go into it, a S2000 service manual should have this.

Then you will need to find a compatible vehicle speed sensor, tachometer adapter, and temperature/pressure/fuel level senders.

Its going to take a lot of work and a lot of money, but anything is possible.

My project car has an engine swapped n/a crab distributor setup so, I did not need an ecu. I am wondering if you can get a gauge cluster with pigtails and simply wire them in or do you need some sort of module that it must go through for the signal?

Not to sound mean but, your going from a cluster of a build and trying to do something else that would turn into a cluster. :ohdamn:

I'm only going to say this once and after that, it's whatever: It would be easiest to just buy all new gauges and make your own cluster vs trying to make an all electronic cluster (s2000) work with analog technology. I had to make my own cluster for my Camaro out of a Summit Racing catalog. It worked great and didn't look bad at all.

Save your money and yourself a headache and look into doing your own gauge cluster.:thumb:

Not to sound mean but, your going from a cluster of a build and trying to do something else that would turn into a cluster. :ohdamn:

I'm only going to say this once and after that, it's whatever: It would be easiest to just buy all new gauges and make your own cluster vs trying to make an all electronic cluster (s2000) work with analog technology. I had to make my own cluster for my Camaro out of a Summit Racing catalog. It worked great and didn't look bad at all.

Save your money and yourself a headache and look into doing your own gauge cluster.:thumb:

+1000

I was going to recommend the same thing, you could make a basic 4-5 gauge cluster for probably $300, orient them how you want, and make a clean dash panel, instead of a wonky looking housing just sitting there.

+1000

I was going to recommend the same thing, you could make a basic 4-5 gauge cluster for probably $300, orient them how you want, and make a clean dash panel, instead of a wonky looking housing just sitting there.

Breezio, you and I both know that the OP is going to do whatever he wants anyway so....

Breezio, you and I both know that the OP is going to do whatever he wants anyway so....

True

Fuel level, oil, water temp, rpm, speedo... missing anything for a carb setup? Take that and assume you spend $49.99 on each (thats about the price of a dependable name brand gauge that is bottom shelf), $250 delivered. $8 for thin gauge aluminum panel and another couple bucks for a hole saw or two... less than $300

I would add a volt meter in there too. By doing your own gauge cluster, you are not going to have any of the dummy lights:p

I didn't even use a tachometer in mine and for the longest time I didn't have a speedo. I just had oil pressure, water temp, fuel level, and volts to start off with. Once I knew my build was good to go, I went and ordered the speedo.

I'm looking into doing something like this to my 1G. Did you finish yours? do you have pics?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back