The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

First porting job pics - 14b/2g manifold - turbo cleaning question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErikTande

Supporting Member
Dec 17, 2012
Centennial, Colorado
Here's some pics of my first time porting.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'm still working on the manifold:

Here's my question: Can I clean the the turbo with carb cleaner / degreaser? Am I going to hurt anything by doing that?

Cool thanks!

So, I probably should have taken care of this BEFORE I ported the exhaust housing, but one of the bolts broke off, and my bolt extractor isn't really working. Any ideas what I should do?

Amazing work, but I never would've put that much time into a turbine housing that began in such poor condition.

You can clean the center housing with whatever you like as long as you take care not to get any of it into the feed or drain ports.

Good luck- that bolt is one of the worst to extract because you can't get to the other side of it. I'd give up on the screw extractor idea before you break it- then you'll be REALLY screwed. Just drill the broken bolt out entirely and install a HeliCoil if needed should you get into the threads a bit.

Amazing work, but I never would've put that much time into a turbine housing that began in such poor condition.

Thanks! It only took a couple hours, and having never done it before, it helped to not be too worried about messing up on an old cracked housing : D I gotta give Jafro credit, I watched his video like three times before starting to watch his technique.

*edit* OK cool, I'll try that. :thumb:

Drilling it out completely and using the helicoil kit worked great, I got it tapped and the new o2 housing on. Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back