The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Runs great cool but runs like crap when warm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UrN2nd

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
friendsville, Tennessee
I got a 2g auto. When I first crank it up to tune a lil. It runs pretty good pulls strong . runs through the gear all the way through the RPMs. But after a few pulls it starts to run like crap feels like it's hitting fuel cut starts redlining and 3500. Seems like the more I drive it the worse it gets. What could it be for me to drive it and the warmer it gets the worse it runs. I got no boost leaks.

16g
Fmic
Apexi bov
Afpr
Fic 950cc
Dsmlink v2

It will do it at 10 psi as well and it will get so bad that I won't even be able to boost. Full throttle will just stutter and mis at 2000-2500. I've tried 3 sets of plugs. Now running brand new NGK 7es all gapped to .28 this last set gapped to .25. Tried 2 different stock maf I'm running an evo 8 fmic. On the dsmlink I'll look at the timing. But how would I go about fixing it if the ecu is pulling time? If I adjust my timing table wouldn't that mess it up when it's cooled down?

I'll check temps around lunch. Yes I did 2 blt only found my bov leaking at 28 psi so I tightened the adjustment and it stopped. Pcv valve leaks a lil at 18 picking on up today but problem even happens ar stock boost

I'm getting a lot in knock threshold but what would I log to watch for knock. Knock raw?

Ok it's still cutting out so I swapped the stock ecu back into it. Same thing. Base fuel is 43.5

heres a log of whats ts doing.

Attachments

• test.elg
    72.9 KB · Views: 62
Ok guys I think I found a significant problem with the Car today took it for a test run and then whenever I got back after it started stuttering n messing up I sat in the Car n Played around on link for a while started hearing the fuel pump make a few noises and fluctuating up-and-down on it's own got Out took a look at the fuel pressure gauge and it was bouncing between 0-3 psi. My pump is still whining. It's got 3/4 of a tank and a clean serviceable fuel lab hi flow filter. My fuel pump soc filter maybe? Afpr? Or is my 255 junk? The guy I got it from ran e85 with it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back