The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Older Style '90 Throttle Body on a '92

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate355RS

Proven Member
Oct 25, 2012
Salem, Virginia
I acquired an older style 1990 NT throttle body to use on my 1992 tsi. I know 1990 was kind of an odd year, but will everything from my '92 TB swap over to the '90 TB?

The main reason I want to do this is because I'm always fighting boost leaks where my upper FMIC pipe bolts to the TB. I'd like to be able slip a coupler on it and have one less place to worry about a boost leak.

I use the 90 nt TB on my 95 so it should work on your 92 and love it I did the free fiav mod and port matched my intake. I also wanted to get rid of the elbow and of course have a 2.5" TB :). I also swapped my tps and iac right over with no issue so you should be fine.

Just looked at my TB and I don't think it will work. I have the older style NT Throttle body and it doesn't look like there is anyway my 92 TPS will work on it. Looks like I'll have to convert to 1990 sensors or find a new TB.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back