The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

using auto trans cooler as oil cooler?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrew k

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 27, 2012
hallstead, Pennsylvania
i have an auto transmission cooler / radiator. dimentions are 1.25 in thick cores, 5.5 in wide, and 10 inches long. 3/8 inner hose diameter. anybody see a problem with using this as a oil cooler? i want to ditch the stock antifreeze oil cooler that comes from the factory on a 2g, as it has come loose. wont stay tight for long, and has tried to blow my car up once by coming loose and draining my oil out while driving. any thoughts?

you dont need a specific cooler for them as there both oil! your ok with doing that as thats what me and many others have done without issue

thats not far of my b&m cooler! will work well and cool what you need for now,

also how are you going to hook it up to your OFH? you getting a 90 external OFH or an evo 8/9 ofh? otherwise you cannot use an external cooler for oil as its built for water cooled only

Last edited:
yeah. your right. i read into it some a couple weeks ago i knew i needed a different housing for sure. hey thanks for the help and fast response.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back