The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Sputtering

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjm96gst

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 28, 2009
El Paso, Texas
I'm having a few issuses with a new dsm that I just purchased. A few days ago it was running great and boosting hard. Mod list is up to date incase anyone needs that information to help me out. First off car has loss of power and sputters really bad. I checked the spark plugs and wires. One wire was bad and spark plugs were all black(I know its running rich) replaced wires and ngk plugs gapped at .28. I also replaced the fuel filter. It got a little better but still has the above problems. Now to my second issue Im not able to connect dsm link to ecu. Its stating that COM port 1 is invalid. I have all software and drivers installed properly. When I took it to autozone their scanner also could not connect to it. I have a tune from previous owner that Im trying to load on there so I won't run rich anymore. I checked all the fuses and everything is good. I know sometimes the cigarette fuse is the one connected to obd 2 port but like I said everything looked good. If anyone has any insight on this feel free to chime in. Anymore information needed from me let me know. Thanks

First things first, check for boost leaks. Also try gapping the plugs to .26 instead. Do you have a wideband to log your AFR's?

Already did boost leak test everything held at 25 psi I run 18 right now. No wide band just have a narrowband. I'll do the gapping asap. Im thinking maybe injectors are dirty I haven't had a chance to check them out yet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back