The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Bosch 044 In tank Pre Filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irrational

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2004
Belmar, New_Jersey
So i got my Bosh 044 in the tank with 8an feed. when i try putting the thing in with the pre filter i got from Jay Racing. It does not fit the fuel pump assembly is taller then the tank so you cant bolt the assembly down. When I take the filter off it goes in like a champ.

Are you guy's running Pre filter's with your in tank 044's?

here is a pic of how tall the set up is. I would shim it up a bit but then i wont be able to get the cover back on.

Attachments

• Bosh 044 007.jpg
    Bosh 044 007.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 3,473
I did not see anything about a pre filter on Nukafision's wright up, and he did 6an i wonder if 8an bulkheads and adapter's are longer.
I was talking about shiming it but i cant go far before the an is in the car.
Let me refraze my question- Does anyone here have a different Pre filter that fits with the 8an setup?

I run a bosch 044 in tank without a filter. I also use all -8an fittings and have not had a problem. If I knew about this pre-filter before I put it in I probably would have used it.
If you look at the inlet of the bosch pump you can see that it has a built in filter and should work fine unless you have a whole bunch of crap in your tank.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back