The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

door panels leaking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlanZero

Proven Member
Aug 13, 2013
Easton, Pennsylvania
I've been noticing that there is water accumulating at the bottom of my interior door panels every time it rains. Where is this coming from? Aren't there any drains in the door? I noticed some water in the plastic speaker brackets when I replaced them as well. How can I stop this before my panels and speakers are destroyed? Furthermore, I think it's ridiculous that the waterproof film behind the panel doesn't even go behind the speaker bracket.

I'd replace the plastic with something better first. If that doesn't work, you may need new weather stripping/door seals. Even with my plastic sheets being jacked up, I don't have water building up in my doors. It even rained and snowed most of the day and night today and have no build ups.

The plastic behind the door is far from waterproof. It is just there to be a dust/air barrier from the outside. You are likely leaking from around the top or back of the window. If the lower window seal is leaking than it will just go into the bottom of the actual door, not the door panel. It is very common for the window to leak on these 2g's because they don't have a frame around the glass on the top. The glass has to be adjusted perfect for it to leak, and the seal has to be in good shape.

That's what I figured. The seal on top is snug; I'm assuming water is entering at the bottom of the window (top of door), since I have a persistent rattle when the window is down even a little. What is the proper way to tighten the adjuster bolts to push the window out a little? Loosen the outer bolt and tighten the hex bolt?

Check inside of the door, Theres drain holes in the bottom of the door they most likely are plugged up and not letting the water drain out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back