The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

looking for nice body kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NO body kit is the best body kit! 97-99 Front and rear end conversions are the best look IMO!

I personally like this wide body kit in the pictures below. It a Quwhees 11 piece kit.

I Currently have it for sale (brand new, never installed.

Attachments

• Widebody Kit3.jpg
    Widebody Kit3.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 710
:ohdamn: 97-99 or 2gb talon only body i like :thumb:

I got mine off eBay. Haven't had it long so I'm doing bodywork and slightly modifying it to fit my taste a little more. Anyway look there, they have a bunch even some mix n match stuff to kinda build your own.

Nice body kit? they dont exist...

You have a 95 2ga, which are pretty damn rare now a days. i would leave it at that, as it sits really clean now. If you must switch the body though, I'd go with a 97-99 2gb, or the sleek 97-98 2gb Talon look.

Good luck finding a nice one. I agree with everyone else 2gb body and a lip at most.

I have a blitz body kit that i made the guy throw in with my car when i bought it. I'm not going to be using it so if you decide you want one..shoot me a pm we could maybe work something out.

:hellyeah:

Smiley faces aren't ugly, their just not as good looking as the 2gb imo and body kits within a few years and bumps look crappy as hell.. funny though that everyone trying to sell you a body kit changed their minds about installing them (hint, hint). Take everybody's advice and keep it stock or go 2gb.

I must be the only one who thinks that the 2ga smiley face front is hideous.

I second this. That front end can make me cry. As for body kits to OP. Here are some few tips. OEM fits perfect everytime. Fiberglass does not. If you like fabricating it, then you won't have a problem. The Guy who creates all the cars for FnF suggests that when you order a body kit to test fit it. If it's warped at all, send it back and get another. Polyurethane is what I suggest although it's considerably higher in price than fiberglass. I have seen and felt the urethane bumpers that friends of mine have used and they are much better quality. I can't vouch for every single kit but the few I have seen were nice quality. I personally would buy polyurethane. They also flex when fiberglass would break. Now here is my personal experience with a body kit on a 98 eclipse GS. I ordered a kit on Andy's Auto Sport. My kit was the duraflex brand I believe. The tag on the kit said VFiber and I am certain they are the same. My kit was a Blitz style (I liked this kit before I seen FnF BTW). Now back then I relied on help from my dad so my box got destroyed etc. My back bumper didn't fit well. The top of it had a gap between the left tail light. The lip provided to bolt the bumper up didn't even line up for one and was way to small to work with also. The reverse lights were 2gb style but were positioned next to the license plate box similar to 2ga. The reverse lights also didn't fit because due to the design of the unibody and the stupid location on the kit bumper, I had to take a chisel and hammer to the body to dent it enough so the lights went in enough to screw to the bumper. There was not enough clearance to plug them up. The side skirts are crudely made. Mine didn't have enough lip to use screws in the wheel Wells to hold them on nor was the lip in the door jam decent enough to fit cleanly under the oem trim. The front bumper had absolutely no lip to bolt them to the fenders on the side. The mount by Hood latch was sufficient. I was unable to use either bumper brace due to fitment issues. You also have to make your own supports to stabilize the lower parts of the bumpers. Sorry if I put everyone to sleep ROFL but OP hopefully this helps. If you don't mind speeding hours to ensure quality fit or relocating reverse lights to be more like 2gb oem fit etc and can work well with bonding or fiberglass then go for it. I support your wish to use body kits. OEM is easier all the way but for those that take the time to perfect a body kit deserve credit for taking time to do it. I like body kits but my ideal favorite is oem 2gb. Hope this helped :/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back