The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

stereo question (Speakers not working after an accident)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aliczander

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2004
millville, New_Jersey
ok guys, ive got a question,
my speakers quit working!!!!! radio and subs still work, but nooo speakers!!! what could be wrong??? i checked the streo fuse and its good.. so i have no idea, the only thing i can think is that the speakers are on a sepret fuse, but there not listed on the fuse box so i have no idea??

any help would be greatly appreciated :confused:

theres a ground in your system, between the head unit and the speakers.

check with multimeter your current off in the speaker wires at the back of the deck, and then at the speaker. If you have current at the deck and not at the speaker, then just find where the current stops. -matt

thanks i just dont understand it, i got into an accident last week, and while i was waiting for the cops to show up, my speakers worked fine, but then when i got it back from the shop it dosent work for shit!!! and they didnt do anything that would have been near the speakers they worked on the suspenion OMG

One of your speaker connections might have come loose from the back of one of your speakers. It could be a whole lot of different reasons. You might want to take it to a custom audio store so they can troubleshoot it. It shouldn't cost too much, around $40 or so. Good luck.

aliczander said:
thanks i just dont understand it, i got into an accident last week, and while i was waiting for the cops to show up, my speakers worked fine, but then when i got it back from the shop it dosent work for shit!!!
Ah. And once again, the rest of the story slowly surfaces.
I guess we didn't need to be told in the first post that the trouble came on after a shop had worked on it, and after an accident.

You take all the fun out of our random guesses.

:rolleyes:

Defiant said:
Ah. And once again, the rest of the story slowly surfaces.
I guess we didn't need to be told in the first post that the trouble came on after a shop had worked on it, and after an accident.

You take all the fun out of our random guesses.

:rolleyes:

sry guys didnt think it was nessassary information, seeing how they worked on the supension, and never touched the inside of the car :D thanks defiant your the man :thumb:

If you have the stock stereo, check the plugs under the passenger seat on the amplifier. If you've gone aftermarket, pull your deck and see if anything got jarred loose from the crash.

Ideas:

spkr wire wiggled off & shorted when touching other wire, bad things happen

your 2G factory amp may be bad/shorted/no fuse

shop guy cranked your system & blew shyt up

shop guy got new speakers

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back