The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Engine Bay [Merged 7-7] cleanup clean up unclutter tidy neat

Does the engine bay look better?

• Yes, it looks MUCH better than stock.

Votes: 42 89.4%
  • No, it looks g@y, you should have kept it stock.

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my talon
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Originally posted by drew214
my talon
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

is that a gatorade bottle for a coolant overflow tank? why did you do that? did the stock one cause a fit problem with something? just wondering

It sure is a gatorade bottle for my overflow. I had to remove the stock one. It was in the way of the upper intercooler pipe

My overflow cap melted when i blew my head gasket because it was pouring out hot oil with the antifreeze. That sucked. O well, 2.3L 6 bolt on the way.:thumb:

here is my old gst i had, i sold it though.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,643
question.... my injen intake has like water stains all over it its a chrome intake but with the damn water spots it ruins the clean look. Ive used windex and other crap to wipe it down but they dont come off can anyone tell me whats a good cleaner to use on chrome?? also like my exhaust is the same thing.

And also i see everyone with painted valve covers that look really good also everyone has colored hoses..what kind of paint are you guys using for all of this? or where are you getting customs hoses from?? i cleaned me engine the other day and it just looks kinda plain and everything is old so it just doesnt look that good.

Originally posted by ohio98eclipse
question.... my injen intake has like water stains all over it its a chrome intake but with the damn water spots it ruins the clean look. Ive used windex and other crap to wipe it down but they dont come off can anyone tell me whats a good cleaner to use on chrome?? also like my exhaust is the same thing.

And also i see everyone with painted valve covers that look really good also everyone has colored hoses..what kind of paint are you guys using for all of this? or where are you getting customs hoses from?? i cleaned me engine the other day and it just looks kinda plain and everything is old so it just doesnt look that good.

the turtle wax in a bottle that removes rust also will take the water stains off easily. I also heard of that new product called like "invisiclear" or some crap that is supposed to removed those hard water stains from glass and chrome, they sell both at autozone.

I used Duplicolor High temp engine enamel no my valve color. I put like 7 layers on it, It turned out good and didn't fade from the heat. I got my colored hoses from autozone also, but they sell them in summit magazines, jegs, etc. fairly cheap. I got the radiator hose cover and clips for that at autozone too. It is like 40 or 50 for the kit.

Originally posted by bOOstd GSX
I mean thats cool and everything, but the majority of the 420A's (r/t neon engine if I'm correct) are just intake queens. I would rather have my 2.3L stroker anyways.:D
Hater

Attachments

• car pics too 017.jpg
    car pics too 017.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,603
Heres one of my current engine bay... but the real reason I posted was to tell Doug :thumb: that hes got a cool sig quote :thumb:

Attachments

• engine 1.jpg
    engine 1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,510
Representing the four-two-zero-A with Doug99RS :D

Attachments

• 9043eclipse5-med.jpg
    9043eclipse5-med.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,331
Originally posted by Doug99RS
Ha ha... yeah but you a traitor sucka... Too cool to hang with us in the back of the caravan.
:p

LOL :laugh: I still got props for the all-motor folks. Especially since your car's actually run most of the time :thumb:

Most of the time??? The only time it goes down is when I mod it or preventative repairs/maintenance. But you get some NT love none the less for starting out barometrically challenged too.
D:thumb:

Originally posted by bOOstd GSX
Post pics of your vote for cleanest/best looking engine bay.

1G or 2G.

NO 420A's :p

You just dont want any 420a pics because our engine bays look better:p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back