The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Hood Buckled Now what

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdiddy2k4

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 19, 2004
San Antonio, Texas
Hey dsmers. well my day is screwed. I was driving and someone cut into my lane and then slammed on their brakes because they didnt see the car in front of me. Well i was able to slow my car down to 15mph, but still made contact with the lexus rx300. My hood is now buckled and my front bumper is pushed down. Now my question is how much would it cost to get the front raised back up (excluding hood and front bumper). I think they have to machine it or something to get it back to where it is supposed to be. I was also thinking since it has presented the opportunity that I would convert the eagle talon front end to a 97-99 eclipse.

technically it is totaled, the repair will cost as much as the cars worth, but since I dont have collision the insurance company cant "total" it. My dad knows alot of people in the automotive repair industry (so its not gonna cost as much) and the car will be fixed 97 style. all the parts have arrived including my carbon fiber oem hood :) Ill keep everyone updated. Supposedly they started working on it friday the 6th.

thats not totaled... All it needs is a left fender, headlight, rad. support, radiator, nose, corner lamp, hood, and A/C condencer. Thats not a big deal. Any body shop could handle that. If they total a car because of this damage, The adjuster or body shop is crazy. Unless there is hidden damage, from the pics, your looking at probably 1500-1800 to fix it. If it goes through insurance expect more beacuse the body shop will make more.

Laterz

Originally posted by chriw21_2000
thats not totaled... All it needs is a left fender, headlight, rad. support, radiator, nose, corner lamp, hood, and A/C condencer. Thats not a big deal. Any body shop could handle that. If they total a car because of this damage, The adjuster or body shop is crazy. Unless there is hidden damage, from the pics, your looking at probably 1500-1800 to fix it. If it goes through insurance expect more beacuse the body shop will make more.

Laterz
Man Im sorry to say but that thing IS totalled.The frame needs to be pulled and everything,and even then it'll never be the same.My car wasnt even half that bad when it was hit and it was totalled.You cant just buy a new fender,hood,bumper,radiator support,and expect that to be fixed.the whole frame looks twisted.:thumbdown

It isnt totaled... Totaled in the automotive field means that the car is either unrepairable or it would cost more than the car is worth. To fix the car wouldnt cost that much. This is a simple fix....

Later

Um,maybe it isnt totalled..but thats not a ''Simple Fix''.The frame is bowed.The right side of the car,is totally screwed.It looks like something actually ran up on his car and that side of the frame is pushed down.I work in a bodyshop.....thats no ''simple'' or ''cheap'' fix.Are we both looking at the same car?The red N/T right?That thing needs one hell of a frame pull.I mean it can be done but thats not no $500 job,your looking at over $1500 atleast from what i see in that picture:(

just get a new core support from conicelli and start buying shit off the trader for cheap.

i know that can be fixed for under 500.

ok, Take the car to a frame shop. Tell them to pull it back out. It wont cost that much. Then take and cut all the spot welds loose holding the core support on. Then weld new one on. Then just bolt everything back on. Its not hard. No if you carry it to someone and they do all the work, its not a $500 fix, but from the pics it doesnt look that bad. I also work in a body shop and have fixed worse for less than a 1000

Laterz

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back