The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

starter motor and ground wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mustg5

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2003
I forgot what wires go to the starter, i know there is a power and something else, but is there a ground wire that connects to it. There is a ground wire that runs from the battery, does that go to the starter, or where? Cant remember, its been so long since i removed it

I just replaced my starter two nights ago, there are 3wires, a skinny black one that you just plug into the starter where the notch is for it, 1 that you bolt on to the starter, then there should be one more a thicker wire that goes onto the top bolt, you know.. where the bolt goes through the hole to hold the starter on it should go before you put the bolt on then you tighten the bolt down onto it.

Hope that helps alittle I write everything alittle confusing so i'm sorry if i confused you at all.

-Rob.

you mean it should go onto the bolt that bolts to the block?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back