The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Car Wobbles While Driving

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jthomp

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 8, 2002
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Alright everyone out there in DSM land, I have a problem I can't diagnose. When doing highway driving, there is a wobble I feel in the wheel and in the front end of the car. When driving in the city or at slower speeds, it's not noticeable. I have had an alignment recently, as well as the tires mounted and blanced. The question I have is, what the heck is it? My most educated guess is that it probably has something to to with the brakes. Wether it be rotors or something. else. Any comments or suggestions would be great. Thanks...

I also just want to add that the car is lowered about two inches front and rear with intrax springs. KYB's, and 18 racing hart wheels. Hope that helps...

Strut bars? Never thought of that. Any possibility that this may help the wobble?

i have the same problem, mine does it the worst between 50-70 mph, and it started as soon as i got my new 17's and i got alignment, balance, etc.

My wheels are racing hart c2 evo's. 18 inch. I don't know the exact specs off the top of my head. My car is a GS so you know it came with 16's. I don't know what it could be. My best guess is a warped rotor or something like that.

jthomp, did you have any luck diagnosing the wobble problem? My 99 GS does the same thing. Im still trying to figure out why its happening

No idea. I'm thinking of buying a new car anyway, something faster. Maybe something German, so the wobble is not top priority...

possibly a front caliper in the front may possibly be seized. Put car on jack stands or on a lift, put in neutral and give tires a spin, they should spin freely if no brakes on and in neutral, if not the caliper is stuck. Do not try this on an AWD, well you could but its not very accurate.

Solved my wobble problem. Sold the car. In turn, I bought a 99 GS-T. Never modded and in great condition. I will be the one doing the modding. Thanks for all your help everybody...:dsm:

Hey,
Did you get a Camber correction kit on the car you got rid of.? just wondering. I noticed you got another gst. If you lower the car more that an ince you're going to definitley get a camber kit. My 95 gst had the same problem, except the rear was wobbling more. Typically the porblem is worse in the rear. I have a 1-1/2" drop and put a camer correction kit on the rear only and it solved my problem.

I just thought you might want to think about that if you lower this one.

Later

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back