The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Mccc Or Sea Foam

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm5150

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 19, 2003
vacaville, California
its about time for me to use soam of this stuff.it helped my laser pass smog(sea foam) about a year ago.but i have read about this stuff called mccc(mopar combustion chamber cleaner)
what works better?and how do you use it?with the sea foam i poured like half of it into the pc valve hose then then dumped the rest in,killed the motor and let it sit for like 5 hours.all opinions are needed:thumb:

oh I don't know that it is not worth it.

On an old engine, you will get lots of crud built up ontop of the valves and pistons. Really. Just look at some old parts sometime.

The MCCC works well, just do it like it says in the VFAQ and search around for more info.

Also take a spray bottle of water and spray it in the throttle body once it has warmed up after you have done the treatment. It will loosen up lots more crud that the chemicals have softened. It will all go out your tailpipe.

This will help quite noisy valves, reduce knock(hotspots on the piston, glowing carbon) and allow more freeflowing air thru the system.

Just follow the directions.

change your oil after and at least clean/gap your plugs too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back