The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

what is the best year eclipse? and why

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulLinguist

Probationary Member
Jun 19, 2003
OntarioCanada
hey everyone im looking into getting an eclipse used, i dont want the 2003 nor can i afford them so im looking into something older. what would be the best year? i see alota 97 eclipses selling but i heard those are prone 2 crankwalk so whats up?

any 92' AWD DSM produced before June... it has a 6-bolt engine, and a 4-bolt rear end...

ya 92 is the best as he said, but if u want a second gen i think 99 is the best??:confused: well its all ur preference, i think 1 gens look great, while others think they are ugly and would much rather prefer a 2nd gen regardless, good luck :thumb: :dsm: :talon: :laser:

P.S. get a 1992!!!

Personally I started out liking the 2G Eclipses (97-99) but then I went to 1G (92-94) and now I like the pop up design the best plus it has a six bolt. If I were you I'd get a 98 talon/eclipse or a 99 eclipse if you have the money. They look SO NICE and they're pretty new cars so less problems but make sure you check for crankwalk.

inexspensive and fast= early 92
relitively cheap and looks and turning= earily 95 (production 94)

95s (produced in 94) have eprom ecus, 2 piston fronts, vented rear rotors and the smallest ratio of CW out of any 2gs produced.

the earily 92 do have the beefy 6 bolt motor and a 4 bolt rear end. the best of both worlds.

Originally posted by lurili
It's all about the pop-ups yo! '90-'91 4 LiFe!!!! :thumb:
:D
2G's:gotta love the 97-99 Eclipse's,the 97-98 Talons looked great also but the eclipse's looked better
1G:There is absoulutley no comparision....the Talons look meaner and nicer!!
-Best year eclipse:
Best motor:90,91,early 92
Best looks:99
Overall:91:D

Originally posted by LTQuick
how do you check pruduction date?

-i'd like to know that as well, and i think we all get the picture; 92 rules(early ones that is)

I (did) have a May '92 6bolt/4bolt Only a few weeks before they switched....

Anybody else out there have one of these rare ones? :)

A teal '93 Eclipse GSX with a 6 bolt swap ;) Best of all worlds, 1G conventional headlights (92-94), 6 Bolt motor, 4 bolt rear end :thumb: Ofcourse a '97-'99 GSX with a 6 bolt swap would suit my fancy also :D

I've got the 6-bolt 4-bolt combo, PLUS the LSD in the back since i have no ABS :) Best of EVERY world. Mine was a April of 92.

And it is one of the lightest models since there is no ABS, no Sunroof, no Leather.

Originally posted by nineD5_GS-T
I've got the 6-bolt 4-bolt combo, PLUS the LSD in the back since i have no ABS :) Best of EVERY world. Mine was a April of 92.

And it is one of the lightest models since there is no ABS, no Sunroof, no Leather.

I have no ABS (thank god) a sunroof and no leather and an LSD.

Nothing cooler than openin the door and seein that nice yellow sticker ;)

Originally posted by nineD5_GS-T

I have LSD too so bite me :p

my 92 was made in march, i have abs, lsd, and very slippery leather. no sunroof either, that abs is awesome when you need it too, the wieght isn't cool though.

Originally posted by Drifte
my 92 was made in march, i have abs, lsd, and very slippery leather. no sunroof either, that abs is awesome when you need it too, the wieght isn't cool though.

hey drifte, correct me if im wrong...but i thought that you either had lsd or abs in the awd models....actually im almost positive

Originally posted by hoffman
inexspensive and fast= early 92
relitively cheap and looks and turning= earily 95 (production 94)

95s (produced in 94) have eprom ecus, 2 piston fronts, vented rear rotors and the smallest ratio of CW out of any 2gs produced.

the earily 92 do have the beefy 6 bolt motor and a 4 bolt rear end. the best of both worlds.

:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back