The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

differential and axles differences

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daltah

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 27, 2002
phoenix, Arizona
Is their a difference between a 2g automatic and manual axles and differential?If so what is different?

Is their a difference between a 2g automatic and manual axles and differential?If so what is different?
The axles are the same but the ring and pinion gear ratios are different. You can't use an automatic gear in a 5-speed and vice versa.

Rick - '91 GSX :dsm:

So i need to but the ring and pinion gear?

Im doing a manual conversion on my 99eclipse rs and i have all the parts including a manual tranny from a 97avenger and needed to know what else i needed.Here is all what i have: Master Cylinder, Clutch, preasure plate and flywheel, Starter, ECU, Flexplate,Shifter mount with shifter,brake and clutch pedal with mounts,slave cylinder,shifter liknage and all lines.So i was wondering if that is all or if their is more i need

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the rear differential!! You don't have one! I don't know if the FRONT axles are the same on M/T and A/T. I would guess they are different but only at the tranny end. The wheel and hub side would be the same. You may need to get M/T axles.

I would post your question again asking if you can use FWD A/T axles in a M/T car. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Rick - '91 GSX :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back