The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

My first build questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm4lif3

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 8, 2010
Fort Bragg, North_Carolina
Been doing a lot of research lately on building a 420a. I plan on picking up a used engine this weekend for 300. Being in the military I do not have much free time so I plan on making this a project over time and by time I deploy it will be ready for me when I get back.

I read that the stock internals will do just fine for low boost. So when would I need to start looking at forged pistons and what not? I plan on running anywhere from 8-12 lbs of boost to start.

With 8-12lbs of boost how power will I actually gain? How much HP might I be looking at? I am looking to reach 300-350.

I would look into the internals before you boost it. I mean you can get away with low boost on a stock motor but for how long? If your going to invest the time and money I would just do it right the first time.

You will be around 250hp depending on the tune. If your rebuilding the motor your buying just go forged right off the bat. If the money is not an issue build it proper with good parts. It will last alot longer that way. You will want to run megasquirt too and upgrade as much as you can internally. Suspension and traction would be something to look into also.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back