The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Equal Length Drive Shaft Options for 420A and 2.4L

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glowryder

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 23, 2004
des moines, Iowa
Boosted 420a's have always had one major issue.. Traction..Even after all the expensive clutches, axles and tires are purchased, were still missing that one thing that all the newer high performance 4cyl FWDs have.. Equal length Drive shafts.. Throughout the years, there's been a few brackets come and go, mostly go.

Why ELDS? All the high HP FWDs have them, do you think they would just add weight if it wasn't worth it?
The ELDS will help eliminate TQ steer and allow you to put down power equally.

We have some solutions. Some of these solutions are nothing new, the main point here is these solutions are now available.

For the 420a, We have a bracket available that allows you to use a Factory Intermediate shaft, and better yet a factory Passenger side Axle. This means you will be Equal length, and still have parts that are readily available should you break an axle.

Were finishing up a few things n the bracket we have for the EDZ 2.4.

Theres 2 options, 1 , you can purchase a bracket, and then use what ever combo of parts you want to use or

Option 2, Purchase our whole Kit. Comes with everything needed to install the kit. All the axles, seals, brackets and bolts. All you will need is some trans fluid.

Pics up soon. If your interested, let me know. we will be doing a very limited run of these Brackets.

Any idea on prices and estimated time these would be available? Have you tested the bracket or are you just making an identical bracket that a guy on 2gnt made?

I will get prices and pix up asap. I also need to renew my Freelancer membership to comply with DSMT policy.

I would be interested in this once I see prices of both packages. Get that freelancer membership.

I for one am interested in it but a lot of it depends on part availability. If I break at the track I want to be able to go to the parts store and order or pick up a replacement, not have to spend a good chunk of money to buy another custom part. I for one am a little excited for it.

I've already seen pictures of it on fb. It bolts to the block and part of the alternator bracket for the 2.4L it's pretty cool. I think he said after the 1st he should have some ready. The only thing he is making is an oil pan, elds bracket and motor mount. I don't think they would break from anything.

This will be great for the 420A community, but please upgrade your membership accordingly and then post this in the appropriate forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back