The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

fwd gst final drive into 420a t350???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmaz

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 17, 2012
Bullhead City, Arizona
is it at all possible to put a final drive from a 2g gst which is 4.153 into the 420a nvt350 trans??? the reason im askin is because i happend to come across a 2g gst trans for free(no 2nd or reverse) and the final in a 420a car is 3.94. I figure the 4.1 fd would be alot better than the 3.9 for acceleration. Hopefully some one out there can shed some light on the subject

No in a neon the speedo tops out at 120 compared to 165 on our car. So 5th gear is way shorter and first gear is better in a neon trans. I see a few guys put 5th and first gear in our trans so it's way doable.

I'm running a Neon trans in mine with a swapped bell housing since the Neon I got it from used a cable housing and for what its worth I'm going about 2300 RPMS at 75mph iirc. Maybe even less. The Neon trans have much taller gears. The Neon trans is capable of over 200MPH if your car makes the power to get it there. Now there are some rare neon trans out there that have shorter gears but you will sacrifice mileage due to higher rpms when cruising. Now if you wanted to frankenstein the trans and swap some gears from one to another you could have an awesome trans with a great cruising gear.

I'm running a Neon trans in mine with a swapped bell housing since the Neon I got it from used a cable housing and for what its worth I'm going about 2300 RPMS at 75mph iirc. Maybe even less. The Neon trans have much taller gears. The Neon trans is capable of over 200MPH if your car makes the power to get it there. Now there are some rare neon trans out there that have shorter gears but you will sacrifice mileage due to higher rpms when cruising. Now if you wanted to frankenstein the trans and swap some gears from one to another you could have an awesome trans with a great cruising gear.
this is exactly what i want to do. I want to make a frankenstein trans out of the short geared neon trans. which neon trans would i need??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back