The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Clutch wont disengage

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dizily555

Proven Member
May 30, 2013
North Mankato, Minnesota
Did a auto to manual swap, drove the car that the tranny came from, and put in a SPEC stage 2 clutch with the flywheel that comes with the clutch. Im at the stage of making sure everything works properly and im having issues. When the car is running and the clutch is fully bled, pushing the clutch pedal to the floor I cant shift into gear. When I turn the car off shift into first or reverse it starts but with the clutch pedal pushed in the car creeps telling me the clutch is not fully disengaging. Ive bled it multiple times, made sure the fork and throughout bearing are in place and they are, and ive systematically moved the master cylinder clevis getting no good results. Im at the point where I dont know what else to try so if anyone could point me in a direction it would help so much.

If the clutch and flywheel are the same most likely. I had a similar issue with a southbend clutch in my car I had to pull the Trans back out and shim the pivot ball. Might not be your situation though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back