The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

MILKY COFFEE !@#$ all over the place.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rokien

Probationary Member
Feb 24, 2013
Courtenay, D.C.
okay so i know the gist of the system, i got a 1992 eagle talon, its been fixed a number of times, and everytime something different goes wrong, !@#$, anyways im verry fustrated as i spent all day doing my rear brakes and then moving onto the engine, i timed it perfectly my oil fluids were good, i was low on coolant since the last HG leak, so now this time i have encountered milky coffee fluid in both my oilpan and my head, soon here before i head out for my jiujitsu im going to check my sparkplug to see if theres any in there, im guessing its not combusting any coolant so thats a good thing right? ( the car has been sitting for about 8-12months), should i drop the bad oil and put in new oil? because the first time the HG went it didnt do this, the coolant went through the exhaust and had no contamination in the oilpan. verry confused here, sorry for the grammatical errors im typing fast so i can get to my training tonight. please help im trying to get this lost love of mine to work again. i need my 2.0 4cyl dohc turbo love going again. :cry:

Are you running E85? I've seen the coffee milkshake oil stuff many times in cars that run E85. It's no big deal, just change the oil.

Are you running E85? I've seen the coffee milkshake oil stuff many times in cars that run E85. It's no big deal, just change the oil.

This is the video, some exhaust fumes at the tailpipe, also noticed no coolant rushing out. gonna go to class ill be back in 1.5hours. till then gentlemen!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153894654435333&l=4130363024868499544

E85 is the fuel right? its old gas, i should have gotten some 94 octane before i tried, but the oil ill take out, i want to do everything i can to avoid taking the head back off. but if i have too i will....

Last edited:
The headgasket can blow in many different spots. How many miles on it since the last HG blew? What was done to fix it? Was the head checked for warpage? Do a compression test or coolant pressure test and see what your numbers are and go from there and report back!

I checked the head and .003 doesn't slide under my straight edge at all, I was right about that part, also checked the head with the straight edge and is all good. i had the head redone due to the valves bending on impact with the pistons a long time ago, its been machined and checked, im happy with their job. i torqued the headbolts to 90ftlbs, as i didnt want the coolant to leak into the exhaust/combustion chamber's and end up pumping them out and hopefully eliminating the problem entirely (new problem arisis, COFFEE !@#$) :cry: , i did also do a compresion test on it when i had the luxuries of the shop at school at the begining of this year before the most recent HG replacement (tonight) and my pressure tests went sort of well, nothing below 160psi if i remember correctly ill have to dig through my paper work to find my pressure test findings, im too tired its midnight so tomorrow i will do that.

not much mileage was put on since the last HG went i drove it like a granny for solid day, then a little excitement from 2-3 blew it, got my tow rope and towed it behind a buddy's 4x4 home.

but for the sake of my thought process; would just draining the oil and putting in a new filter/oil (10w30) and putting in premium gas (91-94octane) be a ideal decision? reason being is because of this comment.

also before i forget, pressure tests on the Coolant system were good when i did it (back when i was in school before this new HG and new bolts), but i will do it again once i can find a kit to do so.

specs are on the way, just my input for now. :dsm::thumb:

Are you running on e85 or reg 91-92 pump gas? E85 is corn gas 85% ethenol, you wouldn't use it on accident or if your car isn't ready for it atleast you better not! And all the test you did before don't really mean anything now bro, need to retest and go from there. If it all checks out then change the oil and see what happens.

thanks for the update, i feel more confident in my endeavors now. this baby will roar again this spring break!:pray: i hope.

Are you running on e85 or reg 91-92 pump gas? E85 is corn gas 85% ethenol, you wouldn't use it on accident or if your car isn't ready for it atleast you better not! And all the test you did before don't really mean anything now bro, need to retest and go from there. If it all checks out then change the oil and see what happens.

---------------------------------------------------------------

alright so im currently doing the pressure test on the coolant system, i put 13lbs of pressure on it since thats what it calls for on my rad cap, or am i supposed to put as much pressure as i can.

pressure tested the cap and its dropping slowly from 13lbs to 10lbs, i took it off because i knew it wasent holding well. im going to replace it.

im skipping the cylinder pressure test by just using the coolant pressure test, i took out the sparkplugs and the oil plug, im going to turn the engine over a little and i was told it should shoot out coolant if there is coolant out of the sparkplug holes if its failing or the oil pan plug hole if its going into the oil.

i put the 13lbs of pressure on the system 20 mins ago. waiting 40 mins to check on the pressure. then im gonna turn the engine over without sparkplugs for a few secconds.

----------------------------------------------------------------

SO i got the oil change done and its now back to a coffee color, it runs up to 3k rpm then drops down after a couple secconds, runs strong but then dies. i did the pressure test to check for leaks and theres no sign of leakage. wondering whats wrong.. maybe its just not flushed enough and had some bad oil inside still? im not a happy camper.:banghead:

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back