The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

420A PCV valve?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99eclipseman

Proven Member
Sep 29, 2013
Canton, Pennsylvania
Can a bad pcv valve cause other codes to trip such as the EVAP purge solenoid? I replaced the EVAP purge valve and still throws the code! It idles ruff some times stalls and cuts out starting out and cuts out and backfires during acceleration. Also sometimes the oil dip stick is out a little and I lost gas mileage.
Please can somebody help.

Sounds like you have some blocked oil passages or a restriction somewhere! To much crank case pressure will cause the dip stick to pop out so try and figure out what's causing it. Also look into condition of exhaust is the convertor clogged or o2 sensor bad? Are all the vac lines routed properly? Post back and ill do my best to help you figure things out bro!!

Well the cat I punched out, the exhaust is welded solid, and brand new o2 sensors man idk what's up with it cause the dip stick only done it like 2 times and hasn't done it since. I was reading on other websites and it sounds like the pcv valve but idk and was curious if it would cause other codes to trip cause when it's cold or get up into the higher rpms it's good but once it get under a load an or warms up it does it. It also sometimes idles weird.

How many miles do you have on the motor? Sounds like excessive blow-by to me but a new pcv can help vent more crank pressure. I don't think it would throw that code though. I would do a easy compression check to see how healthy your motor really is. The evap code isn't important unless you have to pass emissions.

Your timing can be off. But go ahead and try replacing your sparks plug and wires, oil change and filter. Also check your turbo all the way to the intake manifold for vacuum leak. Replace bad hoses.

Yea it's non turbo and the plugs wires and distributior is new I will have to Check the timing but when it's cold or when u ease into the throttle it runs good, but when it's warm or if u smash on it it cuts out and sputters like hell!

Yea it's non turbo and the plugs wires and distributior is new I will have to Check the timing but when it's cold or when u ease into the throttle it runs good, but when it's warm or if u smash on it it cuts out and sputters like hell!

Distributor :ohdamn:

I would check for vac leaks if the car is idling higher now after changing the PCV. I would also clean the throttle body with the IAC valve. Fuel filter would be a good idea as well.

Hoses that are already crack or wont bend without snapping in half will need new ones. But if your hoses are bad then you should replace them all at once.

It's weird cause the engine light goes off and on now but when it comes on it throws the EVAP and the lean codes idk what's up with it but gonna buy a timing gun this Friday and gonna check it and the vac lines but my Eco gauge as soon as I touch the gas almost pegs out to poor it's pissing me off to where I wanna just he another motor LOL!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back