The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Transmission install cost?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilfus65gs

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 20, 2004
Marion, North_Carolina
Well i finally bought a transmission (used for $600, dont know the mileage but i really needed one for a good price) and i was wondering about how much it might cost to have a shop put it in. I would put it in myself but i really dont have the time between football, school, and work. one shop that i went to said that they could do it in a day for about 300 bucks but i would figure that a transmission specialty could do it for cheaper... anybody know about how much it might cost???

If you follow the instructions at www.vfaq.com you can do this by yourself in less than a day with hand tools and a floor jack.
If your really just don't have time, $300 is pretty good for a 2G. Dealers get in the area of $600 to R&R a tranny in a 2G.

For $300, I'd almost consider letting them do it myself. Of course, I would be there watching them the whole time, but that's beside the point. :D

You can do it in a day by yourself. Another idea, if you're unsure, is to see if you can't find someone from this forum or 2GNT who lives near you. Offer to buy beer and pizza and set up a Saturday or something to do the swap. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back