The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Cheapest place to get my clutch replaced?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halik

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
ann arbor, Michigan
Well eversince it got cold, my clutch begun to slip (rpms shoot up when downshift or accelerate hard) so im curious whats the cheapest place i can get it replaced at?

Oh yeah are EXEDY clutch kits any good? I saw bunch of em on ebay and theyre fairly cheap.

interesting,
how long does it take? i looked over vfaq and it seems like awfully lot of work. I'm gonna have to look over my repair manual too

i got a 1.8...it took 4 hrs including re doing the cv joints....its easier than it looks.....clutch for the 1.8 cost 80 bucks at autozone...get the flywheel looked at tho...if its got scars get it resurfaced or replaced

Originally posted by halik
Well eversince it got cold, my clutch begun to slip (rpms shoot up when downshift or accelerate hard) so im curious whats the cheapest place i can get it replaced at?

Oh yeah are EXEDY clutch kits any good? I saw bunch of em on ebay and theyre fairly cheap.

My garage!! :thumb:

If you need some help, let me know!

Steve. ;)

Well I had the same thing happen with mine. I took it to a shop to get it done. Didn. want to attempt it on my own. anyway, I got the exedy Clutch kit. Good buy and good clutch. It is better than stock. I think like 40 %. It all depends on what you want to do to your car. If you running stock trubo and aren't a race fiend then the exeddy is the best deal. BTW they are the largest supplier of Clutches in the Japanese market. We are talking Silvias and Skylines. So it can't be bad. It is not desinged for racing. A little street playing is fine but track or strip use is not recommended. Just don't be stupid and get a stage 4 racing clutch clutch for a GS. I know someone who did that and spent too much money for it and messed up the install as he had some V8 guy help him. Took them two weeks to get the job done and he then had to take into a shop to fix what they screwed up. HE said something about extra pieces after the install.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back