The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

cheap performance parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wicked93GS

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 26, 2002
Nashville, Tennessee
is there a difference between cam gears that cost 200 each and those that cost 100? I mean you can advance and retard your timing without aftermarket cam gears its just a pain in the a$$ it just seems to me that 200 each is a lot of money to spend on something that was stamped out in a machine shop somewhere for a total materials cost of about 5 dollars, and the same goes for underdrive pulleys, dont get me wrong, I'll pay good money for a performance product if it actually benefits me more than a generic one of the same kind, what I'm really looking for is a place that has reasonable prices for good solid performance products

do your research that's all i've got to say, if a less expensive product performs just as good or better than an expensive one than that's a no brainer, but sometimes less expensive products are that way for a reason.

he he, I always do my research, especially where car parts are concerned, but things like underdrive pulleys and cam gears all claim they are the best made with space station material or some lame ass thing like that(ok this is an exxageration but you know what I mean) cause some of these prices are just ridiculous. exhaust systems for instance, they really think I'm gonna go and pay 400-500 dollars for an exhaust system I can have cole muffler make me for 200-300 max? I guess I'm just not one for paying for the name(and besides I'm a poor college student, he he)

i just bought an obx b3 with removable and tunable silencer for $80 and had a local shop custom make me a 2.5" pipe from the cat back AND install the muffler for $85. It runs and sounds great. So there ya go. ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back