The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

turn signal won't shut off

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross41

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
n/a, Michigan
Anyone have experience with the turn signal staying on? It's stuck blinking on the driver's side. I shut the car off and turned it back on, no luck. I can move the turn signal switch up and down and it makes no difference, it just keeps blinking. It's a 2G Eclipse.

Now maybe i am way off here, but i had a similair problem on my '63 chevy II. the turn signal switch inside the steering column had messed up.
there are little metal bands in the switch that when the turn signal lever moves, pushes the metal bands into each other, thus completing a curciut.

what I had to do was pull everyhting off, and bend one of the metal bands into the correct position, i had no problems after that.

now granted, this is a 42 year old american car, but i hope it helps.

Matt

I have this same problem with my 95 tsi, I have a replacement on the way from the ebay but b4 it gets here I think im going to pull mine apart and see if its fixable.

ross41 said:
I can move the turn signal switch up and down and it makes no difference, it just keeps blinking. It's a 2G Eclipse.
If not the turn signal switch, it's a bad "Turn Signal and Hazard Flasher Unit". See if you can try a friend's 2g unit. It's vertically mounted behind the heater temp control.

I had the same problem. Its the turn signal relay. Kinda like a fuse. Why they didnt put it with all the other fuses is just retarded. Its located sortah behind the radio. If you turn the car on you can hear it clicking. just be warned its a pain in the a$$ to swap out. good news is that a new realay is only like 3 bucks at your local auto parts superstore. In the meantime you can just pull the fuse... you want have any signals but at least you wont be driving around w it goin off all the time. Hope this helps and happy modding :thumb: PS: dont foget abot the Reputatin points here in the newbie forums :D

Im having the same problem. only my left front and rear lights are blinking. I purchased an "electronic flasher" (EP-34) from autozone this part is the size of a 9v battery but I cannot find where the part is located in the car to swap it out.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

TRIDON EP34

The part that makes the clicking sound i BELIEVE is called the "hazard and TS relay" which is located behind the radio and is the size of a cigarette box. that part costs $61.00 at mitsubishi..

CAN anyone help show me EXACTLY WHERE is the electronic flasher pictured below in the 2g Eclipse?

Im having that same turn signal problem with my DSM. Turned it on, made a left turn and now it stays on no matter what position the stalk is in. So im guessing that all i have to do replace that relay. If so, whats the best way to get to it?

fuzzyturtles said:
I had the same problem. Its the turn signal relay. Kinda like a fuse. Why they didnt put it with all the other fuses is just retarded. Its located sortah behind the radio. If you turn the car on you can hear it clicking. just be warned its a pain in the a$$ to swap out. good news is that a new realay is only like 3 bucks at your local auto parts superstore. In the meantime you can just pull the fuse... you want have any signals but at least you wont be driving around w it goin off all the time. Hope this helps and happy modding :thumb: PS: dont foget abot the Reputatin points here in the newbie forums :D

Asking for reputation points can get you in trouble.

I found the solution to my problem: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

:tease: It was the turn signal/light switch. I opened it and found a small piece of plastic that was broke and prevented the lever from connecting inside.

I tried to do some " :sneaky: jarhead engineering :sneaky: :sneaky: " but the piece was in a bad spot and i did not want take the risk for it to break once I assemble it.

I purchased a new "TURN, UNIT" from Autzone for $61.30
part #(Mitsu)MR277924 or (WELLS) SW1905.

thanks for the help fellas. :thumb:

I fixed mine too. Same thing. I went to a salvage yard and they required that I buy the whole steering column for $50.00. And out of desperation and just the need to fix this problem, I did it. But $50 aint that bad considering the awkward feeling I had not having a turn signal. Thanks for everyones help.

Oh.......If anyone wants a steering column minus the turn signal/headlight switch let me know.........I will practically give it to you.

Mc

good thing you fixed it. It would suck driving in circles always turning left. Would feel like a NASCAR race. :p
Mike

not the exact same prob, but have you had a prob of the turn signals flashing fast like a bulbs burnt out, but when I would change it it would go normal for a day or so then fast again, I think the relay is prob going but i dunno? Any suggestions?

I meant I did the same exact thing to fix my problem. The only thing I can think of is a relay or a short. I guess you could trace the wires and test the voltages.

Bump. The most likely cause is a plastic bit in the turn signal assy broke. It must be a common prob because both my parts car and build car had the same issue. Sux that the 95 turn sign assy is not the same as the 97+ plugs are diff.

Had the same issue a few weeks ago. Bought a turn lever assembly on Amazon. Replaced it and works/looks good.
This was one of the easiest things I've replaced.
- Remove the (3) screws for the steering column covers. You have to tilt the wheel all the way down to remove the top cover.
- Unbolt the (2) screws for the lever assembly.
- Disconnect the (2) wire harnesses.
- Reassemble in reverse order.

Here's a link to the turn signal lever I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TYPU5U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will buy an OEM switch if I ever do it again. My aftermarket lever the spring is weak and the plastic finish doesn't quite match the rest of the interior

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back