The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Side to Side wheel movement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyder97gs

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2004
Greencastle, Indiana
My passenger side wheel wiggles side to side with about an inch of freeplay on both sides. What is this an indicator of? Tie-rods or balljoints? My axle needs replaced I know that already. My wheel squeaks, creecks, and everything else when driving. Thanks.

I would bet it is the wheel bearing. Replace it and you should fix your problem.

Does it move top and bottom or just side to side?

ONLY side to side. Now top and bottom movement. I put the front end back together, and when I originally took the tie-rod from the knuckle, I noticed the inner tie-rod just dropped straight down and had no stiffness to it. Last tie-rod I put on a car was rigid and not completely loose. Wheel bearings have been replaced recently. Did a motor swap and 5spd swap, trying to work all the bugs out now. Damn passenger side wheel is squeaking like crazy. It doesn't roar though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back