The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Jake Montgomery's Evil_Eagle Top Mount T4

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maperformance

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 11, 2007
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Just thought I would share some pics before this work of art ships of to Jake Mongtgomery for his Evil_Eagle 1G Drag Car that we are helping him bring back to life!

Teaser Video:
[ame=http://youtu.be/OLcMpGNS5dM]evil_eagle rebirth teaser video - YouTube[/ame]

MAPerformance Art Work:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So I'm confused..... Why is Jake Montgomery, a well known fabricator who makes a top mount t4 manifold and sells them, not be building his own manifold?

So I'm confused..... Why is Jake Montgomery, a well known fabricator who makes a top mount t4 manifold and sells them, not be building his own manifold?

Because MAP sponsors him and its either free or much cheaper then building his own.

Its good to hear Jakes bringing the evil eagle back. I'm excited to see his setup this time with the auto.

I'm no fabricator? Hell, I can JB weld better then I can weld! ROFL
That is one thing I don't do, is welding.

On a side note. I figured it was time to dust the ole girl off and put her back together. It's been too long with it just sitting in the corner of the garage collection dust.
I did the evo thing for a bit, but in all honesty, the evo just isn't the right car for a drag car. I had an 03 evo with a basic 2.3L motor, 3586r, AEM EMS E85 blah blah blah and went 9.89 @145mph in full weight form daily driven car. Had a full 8.50 cage in it and all. Car was a lot of fun! BUT! it sure wasn't the talon. I gotta stick to my roots.

I wanna thank MAP for all the help and the badass manifold they just recently finished up for me, I haven't even seen it in person yet (shipped yesterday and will be here Monday!)

I will try and get on here tomorrow and post some updates on the car.:thumb:

Well, I'm an idiot.... I always thought Jake Montgomery was jmfab. Sorry for the confusion. None the less, the manifold looks amazing!

MAP you wouldn't happen to have a 63 swapped colt in your garage for a custom manifold build would you ?

I'm no fabricator? Hell, I can JB weld better then I can weld! ROFL
That is one thing I don't do, is welding.

On a side note. I figured it was time to dust the ole girl off and put her back together. It's been too long with it just sitting in the corner of the garage collection dust.
I did the evo thing for a bit, but in all honesty, the evo just isn't the right car for a drag car. I had an 03 evo with a basic 2.3L motor, 3586r, AEM EMS E85 blah blah blah and went 9.89 @145mph in full weight form daily driven car. Had a full 8.50 cage in it and all. Car was a lot of fun! BUT! it sure wasn't the talon. I gotta stick to my roots.

I wanna thank MAP for all the help and the badass manifold they just recently finished up for me, I haven't even seen it in person yet (shipped yesterday and will be here Monday!)

I will try and get on here tomorrow and post some updates on the car.:thumb:
Thats cool why the change to an auto?
Hey map whats your price on a manifold like this?

So glad to see that car making a comeback. It was a huge inspiration to a lot of DSMers and we were very sad to see it retired. Good luck!

Simple actually, more cost effective, much more consistent, and will ET faster. I can always swap back to the H pattern if I don't like the auto, I kept all the 5 speed stuff minus the dogbox.:thumb:

So glad to see that car making a comeback. It was a huge inspiration to a lot of DSMers and we were very sad to see it retired. Good luck!

Thank you good sir for the kind words! let's just say I put her to sleep, kinda like "hibernation mode" :sneaky:

Makes sense although its f*ckin cool to see a 5 speed run 8s. Are you gonna have some sort of build thread?

I agree with you 100% But, with a limited budget right now that I am working with, the auto saved me well over $9k.

I will see if I can make some time to start a build thread, really busy for the next couple of weeks, but I will definitely keep everyone updated on the progress!:thumb:

MAP you wouldn't happen to have a 63 swapped colt in your garage for a custom manifold build would you ?

We don't, but I can talk to my fabrication department and see what we can do!

Shoot me a PM with some details!

PM me some info about your application and I will get you pricing!

:thumb:

Oh I totally missed that thread ... Evil Eagle will be back? That is awesome! If it is running again shepard should drive against you. Not because the cars are equally matched, more because that are the two cars that wrote dsm history.

Any more updates. Its been a month.

Sorry, I've been extremely busy with work and getting the talon done. But the motor is in, everything is ready, just need to get the exhaust work fabbed up then I can fire this pig up and get to testing! But here are some photos, I actually got the car back on the ground today, it's been the 1st time the car has seen the ground in over 5 years!:thumb: Was a pretty exciting moment for me haha.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

]

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back