The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

'77 s30 4g63t

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking good Alex, what are you doing for a oilpan?

First of all i want to say that your build is INSANE!! Cannot wait until yours is done :applause:

And for my oil pan i not sure what you are referring to but I'm keeping the stock one. Should i not run the stock oil pan?

You now have a front sump pan. just watch the oil pressure during acceleration thats all. Hows the ground clearance?

You now have a front sump pan. just watch the oil pressure during acceleration thats all. Hows the ground clearance?

Oh i see what you mean and started thinking about that once you mentioned it. I hope it doesn't mess with oiling or oil pressure during acceleration. Ill watch the oil pressure and if it drops during acceleration, ill try to make a custom rear sump and extend the oil pick up tube. And ground clearance is pretty good, i didn't want to put the motor too low for that reason. Its about 2" lower then the cross member. I plan on putting sheet metal under the length of the car and hopefully that protects it enough.

Attachments

• securedownload-66.jpg
    securedownload-66.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 184
Very nice build! Looking forward to it being done!

BTW, the variable length runners on the manifold work well! A buddy of mine did that on his JMF manifold about 8-10 years ago and it worked great...until the car got stolen. :(

Very nice build! Looking forward to it being done!

BTW, the variable length runners on the manifold work well! A buddy of mine did that on his JMF manifold about 8-10 years ago and it worked great...until the car got stolen. :(

Thanks for the reassurance :hellyeah:. I cannot wait until i get it running :D

I haven't posted on this or updated in a while but i've been busy with the body work, a lot more was needed than expected :sosad:. I think its taking longer then normal because I'm hand blocking the entire car.
i thought of a great idea that was faster then using a guide coat, I got an ebony pencil and write all over the area thats going to be sanded and it shows you all your low spots :sneaky:. i know a guide coat does the same thing but this way is faster because no drying time is needed.

I want to primer the car with weekend but there is still a lot to be done and I don't know if it'll get done by then, time will tell.

Any way here are some pictures of the progress...

Also does anyone have any tips for large areas such as the roof? i have a 14" block sander but that will take forever and i want it to have a nice finish when its done.. is my block sander the best way to go for that area?

Attachments

• securedownload-79.jpg
    securedownload-79.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 166
  • securedownload-78.jpg
    securedownload-78.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 170
  • securedownload-77.jpg
    securedownload-77.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 170
  • securedownload-76.jpg
    securedownload-76.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 169
  • securedownload-75.jpg
    securedownload-75.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 171
  • securedownload-74.jpg
    securedownload-74.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 176
  • securedownload-73.jpg
    securedownload-73.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 173
  • securedownload-72.jpg
    securedownload-72.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 173
  • securedownload-71.jpg
    securedownload-71.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 183
im very interested in your build man. I have planned everything for a 4g63 RWD swap and my only problem was the water pipes, your set up looks promising, looking foward on how it works out.

im very interested in your build man. I have planned everything for a 4g63 RWD swap and my only problem was the water pipes, your set up looks promising, looking foward on how it works out.

I don't know why mitsubishi didn't make a 4g63 RWD coupe car from the beginning :confused: But with more and more 4g63s being swapped into rwd cars come more information :thumb:. I got most of my ideas from ProjectZeroG.org and just made everything custom because its fairly straight forward :). I love seeing RWD 4g63 powered cars and ill have one :D. I hope to get it under 2500lbs and at least >400 whp, which should make for an extremely fun street car :sneaky:

I was finally able to do the first coats of primer to my car.. its been taking WAY longer then i had hoped :(. I got a guide coat on (take pictures tomorrow when I'm home from school) and will start the block sanding again :notgood:. some pics as of tonight..

Guide coat..

Attachments

• securedownload-85.jpg
    securedownload-85.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 175
  • securedownload-84.jpg
    securedownload-84.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 166
  • securedownload-83.jpeg
    securedownload-83.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 169
  • securedownload-82.jpg
    securedownload-82.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 166
  • securedownload-81.jpg
    securedownload-81.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 174
  • securedownload-80.jpg
    securedownload-80.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 169
  • securedownload-90.jpg
    securedownload-90.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 168
  • securedownload-89.jpg
    securedownload-89.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 168
  • securedownload-88.jpg
    securedownload-88.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 163
  • securedownload-87.jpg
    securedownload-87.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 168
  • securedownload-86.jpg
    securedownload-86.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 163
Got some progress done this weekend. Painted the car and I'm working on cutting and buffing over this next weekend. There was some orange peel in the paint but thats not a problem, i buffed the driver side rear quarter panel so you guys can see what it'll look like. :)

some pics..

Attachments

• securedownload-100.jpg
    securedownload-100.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 183
  • securedownload-99.jpg
    securedownload-99.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 185
  • securedownload-98.jpg
    securedownload-98.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 177
  • securedownload-97.jpg
    securedownload-97.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 173
  • securedownload-96.jpg
    securedownload-96.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 177
  • securedownload-95.jpg
    securedownload-95.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 181
  • securedownload-94.jpg
    securedownload-94.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 178
  • securedownload-93.jpg
    securedownload-93.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 184
  • securedownload-92.jpg
    securedownload-92.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 177
  • securedownload-91.jpg
    securedownload-91.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 186
  • securedownload-104.jpg
    securedownload-104.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 191
  • securedownload-103.jpeg
    securedownload-103.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 185
  • securedownload-102.jpg
    securedownload-102.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 179
  • securedownload-101.jpg
    securedownload-101.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 179
Starting to look gooood!

Thank you :thumb:

Looks great. I too have been contemplating this build. I just wonder if something with a backseat might be better, but weight is what its all about, and these don't have a lot to em :) paint looks great

Yeah man these things are LIGHT LOL and Thank you!

Finished all the buffing today, I'm very happy with the outcome. I don't think its bad for my second car I've painted and given that it was done in a garage :coy: Theres a picture of the rust hole it had before, fixed now of course :)

Attachments

• securedownload-105.jpg
    securedownload-105.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 180
  • securedownload-106.jpg
    securedownload-106.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 172
  • securedownload-108.jpg
    securedownload-108.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 189
  • securedownload-107.jpg
    securedownload-107.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 176
  • securedownload-109.jpg
    securedownload-109.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 176
  • securedownload-110.jpg
    securedownload-110.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 184
aboslutly not its actually very relable but underpowered. hes just making a good a great car. keep up the good work man ive always wanted to do this swap.

Looks great man. I'm supremely jealous. One question I've always wondered about. Why does everyone ditch that 2.8? Is it that bad of an engine?

Im doing this swap for a couple reasons, the main reason being that I'm not familiar with the l28e and its limits and parts for tuning etc. The 4g63t is just in a different level of performance and ease of modding. I also decided from the very beginning that i wanted a 4g63 rwd car and i already had the engine built before i decided on the car i wanted LOL. Some other reasons are because of the weight loss and weight distribution and TURBO :sneaky:.
Basically i love the 4g63t and i knew i was using that motor for whatever RWD project i chose, and it ended up being a Datsun. :thumb:

aboslutly not its actually very relable but underpowered. hes just making a good a great car. keep up the good work man ive always wanted to do this swap.

Thanks man:)

Its a base coat/ clear coat. i got the whole kit including primer and everything from Black Metallic Urethane Basecoat Clear Coat Kit Featuring 5 Star Clear Coat Automotive Paint, Auto Paint, Car Paint the primer was sold seperately it was fairly cheap too, $290 with primer and shipping.

Nice! Ill have to check that out! Im getting real close to paint time, pulling the last dent out this weekend then a bit more blocking, and although I buy everything on a budget Ive always gone genuine professional paint, maybe I should save a bit there, 1.5 sprayable gallons will easily cover an entire car, I paid I think $450 for everything to do my Camaro and it still didn't turn out right LOL

Nice! Ill have to check that out! Im getting real close to paint time, pulling the last dent out this weekend then a bit more blocking, and although I buy everything on a budget Ive always gone genuine professional paint, maybe I should save a bit there, 1.5 sprayable gallons will easily cover an entire car, I paid I think $450 for everything to do my Camaro and it still didn't turn out right LOL

Yeah thats the main reason i bought that kit, there will be so much extra paint when I'm done and ill be able to paint extra body parts i buy later on like the ZG fender flares, and the victory spoiler etc. The paint came out good in my opinion but not perfect :/ but i was expecting that LOL.

i kind of wish i bought jet black though because I'm not a huge fan of how it looks in the sun :(. but at night or right after the sun goes down its sexy :D

Good luck with your paint job:thumb:

I don't know why mitsubishi didn't make a 4g63 RWD coupe car from the beginning :confused: But with more and more 4g63s being swapped into rwd cars come more information :thumb:. I got most of my ideas from ProjectZeroG.org and just made everything custom because its fairly straight forward :). I love seeing RWD 4g63 powered cars and ill have one :D. I hope to get it under 2500lbs and at least >400 whp, which should make for an extremely fun street car :sneaky:

They did -- the Mitsubishi Starion (Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth Conquest). It just didn't come in 4g63 form in North America, unfortunately. Everybody else got the 4g63 (Japan, Europe, Australia) except us.

Great build. Nice Z-car pick; it's the one I'd do.

Its not much of an update, sorry about that, but i just wanted to tell who ever is still interested in this build that i haven't done anything really to the car. There have been a few personal things lately and i just haven't been motivated enough to work on the car, i even wanted to sell it :coy: but thats not happening :hellyeah:. This car will be completed someday, but hopefully running by the end of this summer :pray:. and ill just put up a picture of the car in its current state :)....more updates coming soon LOL

Attachments

• securedownload-111.jpg
    securedownload-111.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 136
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back