The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G [RESOLVED] What is this thing? Imasen, E8T08474

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricGRIT09

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 15, 2006
Syracuse, New_York
So here's the story. My taillights, driver side marker light, and dash lights all worked sometimes, and not other times. This has been going on for about a month now, so my dad and I started working on finding the problem tonight.

Well, as we were checking wires and grounds my dad took a bunch of ground wires and touched them to what he thought was a ground wire in the fuse box. Turns out it was the positive side of the 60Amp Fusible Link. :tease: A quick pop, and the horn just stayed on. Headlights also. Radio doesn't work either.

Now here is where it gets weird. When the headlight switch was on the 'on' position, there was a clicking sound coming from the radio/ecu area behind the dash. At first we thought the ECU was toast, as disconnecting the large connector on that made the clicking stop. Finally, we found the real reason for the clicking. Some weird bronze box right next to the ECU, on the passenger side.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Made by Imasen, it is stamped with 'E8T08474' and '5213'. Most information I found was that Imasen makes 'seat' products for Mitsubishi. Any help would be appreciated, anyone know what this is?

P.S. Sometimes my horn just stays on now, along with the headlights (with the switch off). I'm going outside to check it out now, but anyone have this happen before?

-Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is out of my 95 GSX.

Thanks for the help guys, noobie question, but nothing led me to know off the bat that it was the MPI relay.

Well, things seem to be working on my car again, but kinda off and on, hopefully the ECU isn't fried, haha.

Engine not firing/running - yes. Not cranking - no - that would be poor battery or battery to starter and ground connections bad or battery cables bad or bad starter. But most of the time its poor connections or battery.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back