The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

420A 2GNT where to find ASD relay to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tattooedtabi

Probationary Member
Jul 27, 2012
street, Maryland
Hi! I've been working on my 97 eclipse 2.0 n/t. I blew a head gasket and did the repair with little headache. Upon putting everything back together, while on my first test drive, she was able to drive for about 20 min and then shut off. Prior to shutting down she felt a bit sluggish like it had a slight hesitation.

It had to sit for approximately two days before it would start and run, every time i tried to crank it it would either not start or start for a split second and die. I replaced the cam and crank sensor as this was similar to symptoms I had last year. I was able to get it started long enough to bring up a code for cam sensor which i had already replaced.

Tested the harness and found that the third wire which is supposed to register between 4.8-5.2v measured at 18v. Whoa!! removed the covering from the wiring harness to find the EGR had burnt the wires. I repaired the wiring and was able to get it started, took it out for a test drive and 20 min in the CEL started flashing as if major misfire stopped flashing and remained on. Not two minutes later she cut out again as if some one had cut the key.

I replaced the coil pack due to flashing CEL and no go. I wasn't able to borrow the code reader yet but, I've been doing my homework on here and think it may have to do with the ASD relay as it gets fuel just no spark. My problem is I do not know where or what to buy as I've searched my favorite site rockauto.com and all they show is the fuel pump relay and some generic relay.

I saw another post on here and she got her's from an O'rielly's but there isn't one around where I live. If someone could point me in the right direction at a Pepboy's or Advance Auto parts many thanks would be given. (I have considered the alterator, but my battery has kept significant charge through all the cranking. I have also considered VSS but as it is listed for much more than a relay and I would like to try this first.)

I have replaced head gasket timing belt, pulleys and water pump. Fuel pump, CAS, CPS, coil pack, plugs and wires, and wiring harness has been repaired. Also tried switching a known working ECU.

Last edited:
Well i got one i could part wit for 35 n shipping or, you can do what i did and go to a dodge dealership and order one from their parts depot. there about 65 i do belive its what i paid for mine. turned out to be the ecu i belive i still got the recipt and box jus doubt theyll return it.

Well I have tried replacing the ecu with an ecu from a friends car and its doing the exact same thing as the original so I don't think its that. Stealership is the only way to go huh? Anywho thanks for the help.

There is a similar Bosch relay with the right pin pattern that's way cheaper. the part number should be Bosch 0332209150, it's 12V/30A. You don't have the clip that holds the relay in place but you could use the original relays case in your new relay. I guess finding someone selling this one is faster.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back