The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Slow start up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEz

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 9, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
I've been having an annoying issue with my dsm in the past few months. It takes 3-4 seconds of ignition to start on cold start. I was wondering who else is experiencing this problem and how i can fix it. Is it a coil pack, Power transistor, or fuel injector problem? :confused: BTW The starter is fairly new.

cant be, it's fairly new and produces an average of 12.2v.

Had the same problem with my 93 talon it took longer and longer , turned out to be the maf and 02

Or your coolant temp sensor. Does it smell rich after it starts up?

The coolant temp sensir tells it how much fuel to pour in when its cold. But you would also be having trouble starting after its already warmed up.

start with the basic tune-up. Your fuel filter could be starting to clog up.

I'll check into it just to be safe.

Or your coolant temp sensor. Does it smell rich after it starts up?

The coolant temp sensir tells it how much fuel to pour in when its cold. But you would also be having trouble starting after its already warmed up.

No it doesn't smell rich. I also have a narrowband that bounces around in ideal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back