The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

19 inch drag radials?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why would you want to run 19s...? If they did make em to fit on an eclipse, the sidewall would be VERY small-and thats not what you want in a drag tire.

Drag radials on an nt are almost pointless, and 19" dr's are completely pointless. Throw some 16's or 17's on then we'll talk.

Are you still NT or did you boost your 420a?

If you are NT I'd suggest trying to spend your money on something else for the time being. Are you at least using nitrous?

I say do it, its your money and your car.

It's true that it is his car, but we should at least try to talk him out of throwing it down the drain. His profile says "stock, I'm still learning". But then again people sometimes don't update their profile or a friend helps them make huge changes to their car or they dropped shit loads of cash for a shop to build it for them. Maybe he ordered some parts and is intending on making huge power even though he does not really understand how to use them?

We really could use more information to help him out.

I think that it is his car and if he wants these on there then why not let him? i have a N/T and it makes me mad that all you guys with the gs-t and gsx's bash on him, saying why even do that to a N/T, Maybe he likes how it would look.. if you cant help him with his question dont reply just like the rules say. maybe get your turbo's out your ass and you could maybe answer with respect and not bash cause he has a 420a. just my 2 cents

I think that it is his car and if he wants these on there then why not let him? i have a N/T and it makes me mad that all you guys with the gs-t and gsx's bash on him, saying why even do that to a N/T, Maybe he likes how it would look.. if you cant help him with his question dont reply just like the rules say. maybe get your turbo's out your ass and you could maybe answer with respect and not bash cause he has a 420a. just my 2 cents

It was answered when they said that drag radials on 19's wouldn't fit or wouldn't be worth it since the wall would be so small.

And you didn't help with his question either :ohdamn:

Last edited:
Ok. NT be damned. Does he have a LSD? My friends all into all motor NA Hondas. It's a waste of time to do any kind of drag radial or slick without a LSD. 1 wheel burnout with open diff. It looks ridiculous and you get made of fun of for it at the track. I have literally heard the track announcer calling out and making fun of.
There are alot of other things you can do to your car at this point that will get more performance for your money.

If you read the description, you'd see that was for a 305 wide tire. No way you're fitting that on your car. I'm guessing you will not find a 19" drag radial that's thin enough to fit on a wheel you can run.

What is the reason you want a drag radial? To run at the strip? Or to run on the street? I'm sure we can find you a better tire to look into depending on what you want to use it for.

Not really sure where you see bashing? Its more of a statement based on experience statistics.
Drag radials on 19's tires wouldn't gain you anything compared to regular high end street tires.
And to put drag radials on a car that is known not to have much power to start with is some what of a waste of money, until his car making enough power to where they would be beneficial. He might, but he hasn't said much. And that's a pretty true statement, but again, if he WANTS to waste his money on unnecessary things he is more than entitled to do so.

I, and a few others, feel that the money being spent on the tires would be more significantly spent on something that would make the car perform better, and not add parts that help when the time is right.

No Bashing, just speaking statements of personal opinions.

No, those are soft street radials, not drag radials.

In drag racing, sidewalls are your friend. And you aren't going to have sidewall on a 19" wheel on a DSM. Not to mention the weight issue of a large diamener wheel...

If you're serious about wanting a decent drag racing tire, then find a smaller diameter (15" or 16") set of wheels.

I have plans my friends. No need to fight each other we are all brothers in the end. Anyways big plans for a street strip car. Dont want slicks but want DRs as for the street radials how much would there be a 1/4 time difference from the mickey thomas street radials to Drag radials on a good 400hp? Like I said guys lets all be friends. Would you say a 1/2 from good street radials to drag radials or less on a perfect conditions and driver with 400 hp?

You can not tuck 19" wheels and any size tire you'll need or want to run at the strip. Either way it will still be 16+ 1/4's if your stock. Find some decent 16" rims or 17"s and run the new M&H tires on buscars site.

Do they make 19 inch drag radials that fit the eclipse rims?

This is the weirdest question I've seen for a while (and I read almost every post on this site, so that says a lot).

If by "19 inch drag radials" you mean a drag radial that is designed for a 19"-diameter rim, then it's a crazy question, since Eclipses never came with 19" rims. The Eclipses that you see on the street with 19" rims are cars that have been subjected to inexcusable modification abuse by one of more owners. Mitsu didn't do that to the car. Mitsu loves cars.

If by "19 inch drag radials" you mean a drag radial that is 19" in outside diameter, then that's also crazy. Even if your Eclipse came on 15" wheels, that's a 2" sidewall. That's not a tire. That's someone spraying Plasti-Dip on their wheels and calling it a tire.

If by "19 inch drag radials" you mean a drag radial that is 19" wide, then that's majorly cool, but, again, totally crazy. Try to picture what this would mean. The car would have tires sticking more than a foot outside the wheelwells. When you tried to launch, the Patron Saint of Wheel Bearings would descend from a cloud and punch you in the nuts so hard that it would travel up your family tree and retroactively cause you and your father to never have been conceived.

Do they make 19 inch drag radials that fit eclipse rims? Of course not. And next time wait until April First before posting this kind of thing, OK?

Now we are bench racing. This thread went from dumb to retarded in less than a page. Another thread to link to when N/T guys wonder why people don't take them seriously.

I want some links to these rediculous ?'ed so called threads so i can laugh for days or should I just poke around the N/T section?

This is the weirdest question I've seen for a while (and I read almost every post on this site, so that says a lot).

If by "19 inch drag radials" you mean a drag radial that is designed for a 19"-diameter rim, then it's a crazy question, since Eclipses never came with 19" rims. The Eclipses that you see on the street with 19" rims are cars that have been subjected to inexcusable modification abuse by one of more owners. Mitsu didn't do that to the car. Mitsu loves cars.

If by "19 inch drag radials" you mean a drag radial that is 19" in outside diameter, then that's also crazy. Even if your Eclipse came on 15" wheels, that's a 2" sidewall. That's not a tire. That's someone spraying Plasti-Dip on their wheels and calling it a tire.

If by "19 inch drag radials" you mean a drag radial that is 19" wide, then that's majorly cool, but, again, totally crazy. Try to picture what this would mean. The car would have tires sticking more than a foot outside the wheelwells. When you tried to launch, the Patron Saint of Wheel Bearings would descend from a cloud and punch you in the nuts so hard that it would travel up your family tree and retroactively cause you and your father to never have been conceived.

Do they make 19 inch drag radials that fit eclipse rims? Of course not. And next time wait until April First before posting this kind of thing, OK?

Man I love the last part about the nuts, to funny!

what the hell is your guys problem? Seriously I take it you guys probably get your azsez kicked at the track when you open your mouth.

what the hell is your guys problem? Seriously I take it you guys probably get your azsez kicked at the track when you open your mouth.

Who is that aimed at? LOL

You do realize your car probably runs low 18's in the 1/4 right? And that is before you put 19" donks on it.

With donks and the obvious subs+body kit combo, your looking at a possible 20 second car. That means getting ass raped by mid 90's mini vans....

With donks and the obvious subs+body kit combo, your looking at a possible 20 second car. That means getting ass raped by mid 90's mini vans....[/QUOTE]

awesome:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back