The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A how to tell if i have bad injectors.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neither symptom you described would be a bad injector and you don't need DSMLink to disable one injector at a time, either. If your set on the injectors though, you can send them to FIC and have them cleaned and flow tested to make sure they're working correctly. FIC Clean & Flow

A boost leak test is probably your best bet.

If a injector goes bad and you aren't sure which let the car idle and unplug one at a time, if you unplug one and your idle doesn't change then thats the bad injector.

:dsm:

the bad gas mileage is a good indicator and blocked injectors along with poor performance. i suggest doing a injector cleaning which would cost you no more than 75-100 dollars at good year or pepboys or whatever mechanic shop you may have around and, that way, if that doesn't fix the problem you can focus on other suspected problems.

I'd suggest filling out your profile info so that people know what you have done to the car for a better understanding. Honestly if I thought my injectors were going bad, and to clean them is 100 bucks, I'd just take that opportunity to upgrade to bigger injectors especially if youre still on stock

Neither symptom you described would be a bad injector and you don't need DSMLink to disable one injector at a time, either. If your set on the injectors though, you can send them to FIC and have them cleaned and flow tested to make sure they're working correctly. FIC Clean & Flow

A boost leak test is probably your best bet.

If a injector goes bad and you aren't sure which let the car idle and unplug one at a time, if you unplug one and your idle doesn't change then thats the bad injector.

:dsm:

Totally agree, when one on my dd was going bad it would chug like a subaru periodically. FIC only charged me $20 per injector for cleaning flow testing before and after and replacinng the screens. Customer service and communicaion is awesome and they send back paper work and any old parts they removed for new ones.

What makes no sense is I unplugged each injector one by one and they all are working right. My coil, plugs and wires are all sparking how they should be but I can't still figure out Why its chugging like it had been.

I do have a Cel. I was told it had to do with my gas cap or my catalytic converter or a vacuum line but I checked all my lines and even put clamps on them to make sure they are not leaking. What's a blt? Sorry I'm new to the dsm world.

You can always send them out to have the flow checked.. I think fuel injector clinic does it.

I fixed the problem. Went and got the car checked on the cels and it said I had a faulty ignition coil, injector, camshaft sensor and crankshaft sensor. So I unplugged the ecu. And battery, switched the 4 and 2 spark plug wires. Unplugged the #4 injectors since that's what one was specified and plugged it back in. Took out both sensors, cleaned them and their connectors and put it all back together and no cel or ridiculous lag. Thank God.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back