The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

My dyno results no tune.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keltalon

Supporting VIP
Jun 29, 2003
Luthersville Ga, Atlanta, Georgia
Okay I had to start somewhere trying to reach my goal of 600hp. Well I fell short but not dissapointed:D There are some improvement that needs to be made. I will start with the restrictions first ; need to rewire the jay racing fuel pump running out of fuel starting at 6300rpm, cyclone intake manifold is finally has reached its limits if I am to get 600 hundred without nitrous the cyclone has to be replanced. Those are the only two that I can think of. Something is keeping the turbo from spooling earlier and I don't know yet what it is None the less The car is a complete beast:cool: here's the dyno sheet. This pull was with no tuning and 32psi of boost. Oh the intercooler pipe blew off on this run that is why I stopped It a that rpm:coy:

Attachments

• 31psi 50 50 E85 93 Oct No tune.jpg
    31psi 50 50 E85 93 Oct No tune.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 145
Why are you dynoing a car with no tune? Thats just not safe and asking for a disaster! Good numbers though. Tune it up and see where your at after that.

Since its on the dyno, tune it. Must be a blast to drive.

Why are you dynoing a car with no tune? Thats just not safe and asking for a disaster! Good numbers though. Tune it up and see where your at after that.

Trust I am no newbie I tune my own car LOl. The car was pulling better than it has since I have been doing dsm if fact it scares me now!! The excitement caused me to just step out of the box for a minute. I call my buddy at the last minute and ask can he do me a favor, that is dyno the car for me because its killing me to know where I might be. I put the car on the fat end of the fuel spectrum so if anything I would be safe:cool:n Thanks for your concern and I don't recommend to anyone to do what I did but you know how it is sometimes with these things:D

Since its on the dyno, tune it. Must be a blast to drive.

I will but there are some things that needs to be addressed first:p thanks:thumb:

Very impressive sir! and right where i want to be honestly :) I've love to have a solid 500+ with a nice torque curve to compliment it also.

can you break down for us anything as far as psi , timing curve, general AFR on the dyno?????

it's good to see you hit the dyno after all this time of seeing your build, watching you have to swap shells, and then re-fine tuning the combo, i must say it's impressive. Also gives me more backing to put my cyclone intake on next time im working on thecar and have it taken that far down

Ohh.. one more thing.. how much modding or to what parts did you have to grind to get the cyclone to clear the AC pump on the 2g car? I haven't been able to find any clear answers on this part since getting my cyclone mani. I'm working on cleaning up the ports and all before i put it on but i'm really curiouse about how much modding needs done to fit it onthe 2g car (i'm running the 6 bolt 1g engine/head combo already so ports aren't the issue)

Very impressive sir! and right where i want to be honestly :) I've love to have a solid 500+ with a nice torque curve to compliment it also.

can you break down for us anything as far as psi , timing curve, general AFR on the dyno?????

it's good to see you hit the dyno after all this time of seeing your build, watching you have to swap shells, and then re-fine tuning the combo, i must say it's impressive. Also gives me more backing to put my cyclone intake on next time im working on thecar and have it taken that far down

Ohh.. one more thing.. how much modding or to what parts did you have to grind to get the cyclone to clear the AC pump on the 2g car? I haven't been able to find any clear answers on this part since getting my cyclone mani. I'm working on cleaning up the ports and all before i put it on but i'm really curiouse about how much modding needs done to fit it onthe 2g car (i'm running the 6 bolt 1g engine/head combo already so ports aren't the issue)

32psi
bc 272 cams installed straight up with stock cam gears
af ratio was around 11.5 and this was a mixture of 50/50 E85/Gas 93 oct
total timing by redline was 15.9 degrees
cyclone intake is opening around 4000 rpm controlled by dsm link v3

Lots of room for upgrades here I will start one upgrade at a time. The funny thing about my numbers is that the car feel soo much more powerful/faster. We have Import Face Off on February 19th and This will give me an opportunity to pull a few 1/4 mile times:D

Hmm..conservative as well.. Was the timing limited by the fuel or was that more of a baseline that wasn't improved on? I've been wondering about running more pump fuel added to my e85 in attempts to make the 1000cc injectors go a little further towards HP goals.

Are you running the cyclone from a vacum canister like it is OEM or are you running it from boosta actuatoin?

IFO huh?? never been to any of the big events myself. Too bad i don't live closer, I'd toss that trans in your ride just for the race. Hell and toss my slicks on there too, you'd be truckin then :p

Maybe someday i'll make it to one of the meets/events, although i would prefer a DSM oriented meet if i do make it to one :D

SWEEET - those are some awesome numbers! We can always do an AWD conversion... or just drop it in my car to try it out :D

Good numbers man, looks a lot like my car which made 561 at 30 psi on a dyno jet. Bet if you added some more timing it would scream.

Add timing, it will wake up ;)

more timing:hmm: soon as I get all my supporting gauges install more timing it is.

SWEEET - those are some awesome numbers! We can always do an AWD conversion... or just drop it in my car to try it out :D

I have already look at a few donar cars in the junk yard this swap is :cool:definitely something to consider.

Okay I had to start somewhere trying to reach my goal of 600hp. Well I fell short but not dissapointed:D There are some improvement that needs to be made. I will start with the restrictions first ; need to rewire the jay racing fuel pump running out of fuel starting at 6300rpm, cyclone intake manifold is finally has reached its limits if I am to get 600 hundred without nitrous the cyclone has to be replanced. Those are the only two that I can think of. Something is keeping the turbo from spooling earlier and I don't know yet what it is None the less The car is a complete beast:cool: here's the dyno sheet. This pull was with no tuning and 32psi of boost. Oh the intercooler pipe blew off on this run that is why I stopped It a that rpm:coy:

Well I am definitely impressed because I knew the turbo should have spooled faster than this. Look what I found the problem to be. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W38DT3n8pDw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> there's tragedy to the story I fixed the boost leak and went from 56lbs/min to 75lbs/min of flowing air my injectors are about to explode the car is crazy powerful so much more so that I broke the center differential in the tranny today. So right now I am in talks with jack's transmission about a rebuild/upgrade for the FWD:sneaky: other option a buddy of mine has a tre stage 2 fwd tranny I may purchase it has a quaife lsd already installed. I got to decide which route to go here quickly We have Import face off on the 19th of feb here is Ga got to get some 1/4 mile times under my name! LOL.

Yikes....flange warped?

I thought so too so I sanded both the bov
and pipe flange flat com to find out EST doesn't put enough meat on their flange to catch the gasket properly. I will takes some pics.

Well I am definitely impressed because I knew the turbo should have spooled faster than this. Look what I found the problem to be. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W38DT3n8pDw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> there's tragedy to the story I fixed the boost leak and went from 56lbs/min to 75lbs/min of flowing air my injectors are about to explode the car is crazy powerful so much more so that I broke the center differential in the tranny today. So right now I am in talks with jack's transmission about a rebuild/upgrade for the FWD:sneaky: other option a buddy of mine has a tre stage 2 fwd tranny I may purchase it has a quaife lsd already installed. I got to decide which route to go here quickly We have Import face off on the 19th of feb here is Ga got to get some 1/4 mile times under my name! LOL.
56 to 75 LOL. How much boost were you at after you fixed the boost leak LOL? As far as trannies if the miles are low I say go with the TRE stage 2 with the Quaife. Do you know if you have Comp Turbo's new low inertia turbine wheel?

56 to 75 LOL. How much boost were you at after you fixed the boost leak LOL? As far as trannies if the miles are low I say go with the TRE stage 2 with the Quaife. Do you know if you have Comp Turbo's new low inertia turbine wheel?

yeah boost was up to 35 psi This is what I was reading on my aem boost guage dsmlink v3 was reading 40 psi I will post the log during the pull the tranny broke on:coy: yeah I have the billet series compressor wheel.

I know you have the billet compressor wheel ROFL. Im talking about the turbine wheel. Kind of like PTE new 66mm CEA turbine except Comp offers theirs in all the turbine sizes ;). Do you know if you have it?

To be honest I have no idea:coy:

Very impressive. I want your car :) working on getting mine to that 500 HP level on day. Lmao ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back