The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Dyno Results for the Talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockey1013

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Well I took the car to the Dyno at the end of November and am just now getting around to posting the results. Did some fine tuning while it was on the dyno to bring out some more numbers. Next thing im looking at to get some more power I suppose is the fuel system. I never thought i would need to go bigger than 1050's and needed possibly a double pumper ha. Added a couple pics of the car too.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Nice my buddy put down over 700 on his supra engine and greddy turbo, a nice shop north of here, once mines done im going to dyno it too. nice car.

Good results and nice looking car. Have you considered altering your suspension at all? That would eliminate some of the wheel gap.

Yeah suspension is my next thing besides my drivetrain. On my old GST body I had springs and it was lowered, but I had to throw the Talon together in less than a month when I got back from Iraq so I could move to Germany, so I ran out of time. Now im just waiting for it to arrive here so start being broke again ha.

I was commenting on my buddys supra engine in his conquest, and im going to the dyno, nice car the black 2g. Love the wheels, what?

Where did you get those black taillight? I want to get some for my car

I just used VHT Nightshade spray paint. I think maybe 3 coats and then 3 coats of clear. If you have the equipment it works out better to use a spray gun and clear coat and add a couple drops of black paint. But the VHT turned out really good. Doesnt look like spray paint at all.

I just used VHT Nightshade spray paint. I think maybe 3 coats and then 3 coats of clear. If you have the equipment it works out better to use a spray gun and clear coat and add a couple drops of black paint. But the VHT turned out really good. Doesnt look like spray paint at all.

Yea it looks factory.. i have a can of the nightshade but never fully trusted using it.. your came out really good tho

Looks like you could utilize a SMIM or a decent set of cams to prevent the power from falling off like it did up top. That way you could just optimize your set-up further. :thumb:

Yea it looks factory.. i have a can of the nightshade but never fully trusted using it.. your came out really good tho

Yeah you just have to take your time so you dont get any runs. Your first coat wont look good at all but you have to trust it and take your time.

Looks like you could utilize a SMIM or a decent set of cams to prevent the power from falling off like it did up top. That way you could just optimize your set-up further. :thumb:

Yeah I really wish I went with the 280s when I did my built. I stuck with the 272s though. Maybe in the future when I stroke it.

Nice. What rpm are you hitting full boost at with the 3052?

Haha. Ya u gotta be fair and at least give them v8s a chance. 4k isn't too bad of lag time. I was thinking of going with that turbo in the near future

Haha. Ya u gotta be fair and at least give them v8s a chance. 4k isn't too bad of lag time. I was thinking of going with that turbo in the near future

Yeah I was originally looking into the 3062 but was talked out of it because it was a little laggier with not much more power gain over the 3052. I love this turbo though.

I was looking into both myself and was leaning toward the 52 for the same reason.

Nice numbers. Your car looks almost identical to mine other than the hood and spoiler, LOL.

Jaxness i like your car, love the pics you posted earlier, yeah nice wheels on the 2g, nice color too.

Jaxness said:
Nice numbers. Your car looks almost identical to mine other than the hood and spoiler, LOL.

Ha ya nice! Your car is clean.

1GenDSM said:
Nice dyno. Some cams and a better intake manifold would probably help keep that power up in the higher rpms.

I've been looking into a SMIM and throttle body. I'm all stock on intake right now. I neeeed money ha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back