The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

BW S300SX 88/75 results

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would like to know as well. Iv almost been stalking you and ceedawgs posts trying to find out more about this setup. Im torn between the 88/75 and the 91/79.

By
I would like to know as well. Iv almost been stalking you and ceedawgs posts trying to find out more about this setup. Im torn between the 88/75 and the 91/79.
LOL I'm getting there. Just got the headgasket and h11 studs. Still have to purchase my 1450's ,two wastegates and sbc clutch. I'm hoping that this turbo won't be to big for toad racing.

There are some events going on this weekend in KC.. 1/4 on Friday with some F-body meeting and a dyno day on Saturday with a regional Evo board. If I can find someone to help trailer my car down I'm considering making the trip. The car will absolutely make the trip by itself, even with my converter. Trans temps were around 140 with ambient temps being in the 70's.

I'm having some issues with my converter though, mainly that it's too loose so I'm only seeing ~120-125 mph at 8000 RPM in third. Interestingly enough, even if I ease the throttle and just hold it at 8000 RPM it still pulls up top. Observation on the streets shows I'm hitting 8000 in third somewhere between the 1/8 mile and 1000 ft range, so this would really be leaving a lot on the table.

dsmusmc--I think you could get away with a 91/79 honestly. Your setup looks a lot better than mine, so if you can rev it closer to 9000 I think you can stall it. It will take forever without nitrous though.
Edit: it also depends on what your goals are, obviously. If I were going to upgrade again though, I think I would be between the big EFR, a GTX4094 (does not currently exist), or a ball bearing 6765 depending on cost/availability.

Last edited:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Season over! 3+ years of 500-700 whp and next to no maintenance did her in. We sure had a good run, but it's on to the next motor!

For the record, I was ahead :p

Rod failure. Looking at some built motors on various classifieds right now. G4CS long rod 2.4L is in the lead right now.

I'm having some issues with my converter though, mainly that it's too loose so I'm only seeing ~120-125 mph at 8000 RPM in third.

Im curious what converter your using?

For your new engine, try to pick something that can handle the RPM's so you can stay in 3rd ;)

Long rod engine kick ass for high revving applications where late coming powerbands and high revs rule supreme!

I have a question and please don't take it offensive as i'm just curiouse based on my experieces with the 67mm turbo i'm running after 10+ years on a 57trim to4e. Do you find that late spooling powerband just to be a PITA in DD situations (or is it just plated but not really driven?)?

Also, is that time in your avatar your current best and is that with this turbo/HP numbers>? Just wondering if there's a point where having NOTHING below 5500RPM pays off on a DD/track duty car, seems like you ewither are really fast or suffering severely from the lag (i ran a 12.08 at 119 on a 19psi 57trim and a shat tune) not knocking jsut wondering if at the level your at would a broader rev range benefit more untill you're getting into say 9 second 1/4 miless

His profile says that the times were done using a s256 while the dyno numbers were on his latest set up.

OP, did you ever make it to the track on the 8875?

oops i looked in the profile but must have missed that , my bad

Im curious what converter your using?

For your new engine, try to pick something that can handle the RPM's so you can stay in 3rd ;)

PI 9.5 billet with some ridiculous stall. If I remember right it's stalled the same as Kiggly's was at one point--meaning it's designed for around 9000 rpm.

I always thought a long rod would be best for an auto

If I get that long rod 2.4 I'll be sending the converter off to get it tightened up up top. Like I said earlier this converter would work amazing if I revved to 9000 (or OVER 9000!!!), but that's not in the cards unless I pick up a 2.0 instead. On the brakes the converter stalled to ~4500 RPM and 12 psi within 5-6 seconds with the old 2.3, so it probably wouldn't hurt too much to tighten it up with a 2.4.

His profile says that the times were done using a s256 while the dyno numbers were on his latest set up.

OP, did you ever make it to the track on the 8875?

Yeah, that wasn't the greatest time. The log showed I was off the throttle for a second and a half on the 1-2! I never got a chance to make it on the track with this setup. For what it's worth I was a couple bus lengths ahead of a solid axle 3.4 whipple Cobra on slicks when this happened... on a private property in Mexico.

Last edited:
Do you have any logs you could post up so i could compare, im running a very similar setup to you, or to what you were

Do you have any logs you could post up so i could compare, im running a very similar setup to you, or to what you were

Planning to run the same setup as this but having second thoughts until I have all the info. I need. Could you please post more info?

Planning to run the same setup as this but having second thoughts until I have all the info. I need. Could you please post more info?

Which part of the setup are you having second thoughts about? Mine is very similar except I'm using my manual tranny and one 400lph walbro fuel pump.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back