The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G DSMLink V3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsmlink will help you get the most power out of the mods you already have..And also allows for future mods to be done, and tuned for accordingly..

Dsmlink is great to give you a tune on a stock vehicle, or a great tune on a modified vehicle..Getting the most power out of whatever mods you have or don't have..

Most tune themselves you cant mess it up too much, varies depends on whos tuning it, link is a way to avoid someone else tuning your car, plus when something goes wrong you can see what problems you have. When i got into dsm i did 99 percent of my work all all on my own and i learned lessons, but im happyi got in there and learned to diy. Then this gets better you know yourself and what to do with forum and tonnes of helps, for me it was a no brainer. If any one else knows of amounts to tune chime in.

Dsmlink v3 is a very easy program to learn and will greatly benefit you and your vehicle. I would suggest getting it 100%

Last edited by a moderator:
ECM Link is something that most people DIY. Sometimes you might post a log on the internet and ask for advice. It is also great for igoring some CELs and extending functionality of the stock ecu. You can control pretty much any size injector, switch to speed density and ditch your MAF, set up launch control, no lift to shift, etc.

Or you can just adjust your fuel maps and get the most power out of whatever mods your running. THere are plenty of faqs and how-tos on dsm link. The ECM Tuning website even has a few videos to get you started.

Im kinda new to the Dsm link I've always been a fan of aem standalone. When I bought my 1g it came with Dsm link. After playing around with it learning it Im getting to where I like it and understand it more than the aem!!

Most tune themselves you cant mess it up too much, varies depends on whos tuning it, link is a way to avoid someone else tuning your car, plus when something goes wrong you can see what problems you have. When i got into dsm i did 99 percent of my work all all on my own and i learned lessons, but im happyi got in there and learned to diy. Then this gets better you know yourself and what to do with forum and tonnes of helps, for me it was a no brainer. If any one else knows of amounts to tune chime in.

so even though i know absolutely nothing on how to tune a car, i could still tune it myself with the program?

you would definitely need to go to their site and watch all the tutorials, read all the guides, and be gentle until you KNOW what you are doing. Things like when to and how to pull timing and and fuel maps are confusing. You could get it and improve things as you learn how to. Don't get ahead of yourself or you could mess up something. They have a forum guide set up like this where people post questions and answers so there is a lot of information at your disposal. Once you understand it, it becomes easier and is (highly) recommended for our cars.
Link will guide you a long well but it does not give you all the answers; it is very cool.
I would of also liked it to be my first mod

*I didn't know how to tune a car but once I had it, read all the stuff, and talked to people it becomes more understandable. You have to learn

Last edited:
Yes i read the forums, and the demos, and i have understanding of how things work, im still learning car is in rebuild mode, so i havnet done too much with it, but i got the car running a while back and im going to do more with it next year when car is back running or later this fall.

I recently aquired a 95 tsi with dsmlink already installed and plan to go thru the site and figure this out on my own! Have a couple local buddies to help

That sucks as I'm pretty familiar with dsmlink. Looks like I get to learn a whole new platform :banghead: :laser:

4g63 I mean, just kidding i respect that you use a 420a. I just wanted something with most of the bugs worked out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back