The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

95 Eclipse A/C not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VeteranMarine

Probationary Member
Jul 11, 2011
Lexington, North_Carolina
Hey all. I recently just bought my first tuner. I have a 95 eclipse. I am having a couple issues with my car. I have a "shake" coming from the drivers side front wheel. I believe that is is the CV boot and I need to replace it. Also my sun roof is not closing properly, but I found a the link of a possible solution to fixing it on this site. Here is my other problem that I cant find a posting to see if it has already been talked about, which im sure it has been.

When I go to turn my A/C on, the button stays lite up green for about 5-10 seconds and then starts blinking and does not blow any cold air at all. Im not real sure where to start looking. If anyone could please give me an idea of where to start, or send me a link to a post that is already on here so I can get the A/C going again. I am not concearned about the A/C, but my wife wants to drive the car some and I want it working for her. Any ideas? Thanks!

Its either unplugged, belts off, or the compressor is just dead.

I was getting the same symptoms when my belt kept coming off.

I am not that much of a gear head. This is the first tuner I have ever owened. I was under the impression that it is not just 1 belt for the compressor, correct? I havnt looked at it yet, as I am at work. But doesnt the belt operate more than 1 system?

Welcome to the DSM world - lots to learn as you go along..

take it to an AC shop and forget about trying to fix it yourself ..

The shaking is usually a out of balance tire, axle bearing or weak strut...

Remember, you got a 16 yr old car there and anything can get weak on it...including the compressor, which is a DODGE compressor since you have a DODGE motor under the hood, and they are known to die in less than 1o years time - which will eventually die and costs lots for repair.

one belt runs the AC and power steering and the other belt runs the alternator.

one belt runs the AC and power steering and the other belt runs the alternator.

one belt for the ac compressor (runs from the crank to the compressor which is on the drivers side in the back of the engine bay under the intake manifold) small hands and double jointed elbows for the weekend/parking lot warrior. then just for interest purposes since it was brought up there is a separte belt that runs from the crank to the water pump then the alternator (the outside belt on the crank and the water pump) and a third belt that runs from the waterpump to the power steering pump (the inner belt on the water pump) for 3 belts total. In case you didnt put 2 an 2 together the ac compressor belt on the crank is the inner belt. So if you up for a slight room challenge. id say have at it you gotta learn somewhere. if your not double jointed or just want it done take it somewhere probably take like an hour or so at your local shop.

Thanks for all the replies so far! Ok I think that is what I am going to do is take it to an A/C shop.

Also a couple more questions, like stated before this is a 16 year old car. Which means I dont want to dump tons of money in it. But I was looking on Ebay and seen where I can get some "knock off" stainless steel exhaust from the head back. Is it even worth paying the 120$ for that?? I figured it wouldnt hurt, but some opinions from more "veteran" tuners would help.

Also where is the speed sensor located at?? When I got the car the speedometer wasnt working and I went and priced one out and it was 77$. I want to look at it before I go buy one just to see if it has come loose or maybe a wire somehow cut. Thanks guys!

one belt for the ac compressor (runs from the crank to the compressor which is on the drivers side in the back of the engine bay under the intake manifold) small hands and double jointed elbows for the weekend/parking lot warrior. then just for interest purposes since it was brought up there is a separte belt that runs from the crank to the water pump then the alternator (the outside belt on the crank and the water pump) and a third belt that runs from the waterpump to the power steering pump (the inner belt on the water pump) for 3 belts total. In case you didnt put 2 an 2 together the ac compressor belt on the crank is the inner belt. So if you up for a slight room challenge. id say have at it you gotta learn somewhere. if your not double jointed or just want it done take it somewhere probably take like an hour or so at your local shop.

It's a 2G N/T, so it has the 420a motor in it.

Thanks for all the replies so far! Ok I think that is what I am going to do is take it to an A/C shop.

Also a couple more questions, like stated before this is a 16 year old car. Which means I dont want to dump tons of money in it. But I was looking on Ebay and seen where I can get some "knock off" stainless steel exhaust from the head back. Is it even worth paying the 120$ for that?? I figured it wouldnt hurt, but some opinions from more "veteran" tuners would help.

Also where is the speed sensor located at?? When I got the car the speedometer wasnt working and I went and priced one out and it was 77$. I want to look at it before I go buy one just to see if it has come loose or maybe a wire somehow cut. Thanks guys!

If it's just going to be a daily driver, I wouldn't spend the money on the exahust. I'd definately spend that money on getting the A/C fixed.

The speed sensor is in the middle of the rear motor mount bracket on the driver side. That plug is know for cracking and will cause it to unplug itself. If the sensor itself is bad and you need to replace it, it is only held in with a single 10mm bolt. Just make sure you pull it out of the transmission carefully as the plastic speedo gear attached to it can get stuck and fall back into the hole.

Alright... is there anyway to actually check the speed sensor?? Or is it one of them parts that you have to replace to see if its broke??

Also with the exhaust. I am not wanting a big bag exhaust. I just want a little sound, but I dont want a fart can from Auto Zone. Was looking at the all stainless steel kit off of ebay for around 120 from the heads back. Didnt know if anyone has bought one of these before.

Alright another question. I figured it would be easier to add on to this thread than it would be to create a new one. As I was looking for my speed sensor yesterday afternoon, I found this piece just hanging there and I couldnt figure out where it connected to. Any help??

Welcome to the DSM world - lots to learn as you go along..

Thanks for the welcome!

Attachments

• Part-1.jpg
    Part-1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Part2-1.jpg
    Part2-1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Have to be logical on this one if no one is going to chime in (and I don't know either) is .... see the length of the cord is to where you have to deduce where it would attach to in the radius of the length of the cord - i.e. you're gonna have to actually hunt to find a socket that would match both the size of the plug and the plug's connectors...

...this is what begins "gearhead" training - dive in head first and get experience through trial and error.

I have done that. I looked all around for it to plug up somewhere. I didnt know if maybe for some reason it attached to the stock air intake or not.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back