The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2.3L Stroker FP DSM82 E85 Dyno results....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do u have a graph with power vs. RPM, I hate graphs with speed.

Nice work though, don't be scared to rev that stroker she will take it all day.

I'll see if I can get one from Beyond Redline next time I stop over there.

She didn't take it too long ;) When I bought the car, the rings were gapped to stock spec so it wasn't really meant to handle the power I'm pushing out of it. Probably will end up changing the pistons also. Should have it back on dyno shortly within this month.

UPDATE:

I'm going with an IPT built automatic(2g housing) with a IPT billet torque converter and trans brake. Also, got a few new parts in.

Innovate wideband in stock oil pressure gauge location
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

D2 coilovers

Zinc plated drilled/slotted front and rear rotors with hawk pads(front) and EBC pads(rear)

Insane, just insane. Keep going. Pm me your address and I will make a dvd up of the old pictures I have of the car. To give you an idea how meticulous I was when I torn it down:

Insane, just insane. Keep going. Pm me your address and I will make a dvd up of the old pictures I have of the car. To give you an idea how meticulous I was when I torn it down:

sweet man will do! Just got block and crank back from machine shop. Balanced and blueprinted. I'll keep you posted on the progress of us putting together the new engine with the built IPT auto trans I'm choosing to run :) Hopefully run 9's!

Looks good! Although I don't think anyone has used or set up a trans brake with our cars so I am confused about that. Unless that converter is really loose your probably going to have to use some nitrous to flash the converter.

Looks good! Although I don't think anyone has used or set up a trans brake with our cars so I am confused about that. Unless that converter is really loose your probably going to have to use some nitrous to flash the converter.

Yeah, you're right. I'd love to run a trans brake but doesn't look like I'm going to be able to do so with this application.

Keep us posted when you go to GLD I will come out. Maybe even run my stroker. I need to see what I can run with it one of these days!

I love the setup, the car looks great! :thumb: on the auto swap. Do you have a buyer lined up for your stage 3 tranny?

I was going to ask that too LOL cause I wanted go see if I could get one at a good price, how come you decided to go auto?

Haha alright man I'll be counting on you helping me out, I heard these are mazes to get around. I have the tranny and engine out now.

Some progress pics of putting the engine back together.... Its 90% done until we opened our OEM MITSU oil pump box to discover a little mishap to say the least where they FORGOT TO PUT THE DAMN OIL GEAR IN THE OIL PUMP!

Our 250.00+ bare oil pump

Nice little shinny stroker crank

Nice to see Coty helping out with the build! Run 1990 straight cut gears in the front cover. If you need them ordered up, call me in Monday. Look forward to building your new automatic transmission for you!

Tim Zimmer via Evo Phone

Nice to see Coty helping out with the build! Run 1990 straight cut gears in the front cover. If you need them ordered up, call me in Monday. Look forward to building your new automatic transmission for you!

Tim Zimmer via Evo Phone

cant wait tim!!!! Thanks for the reply!

Update:

ID 2000's showed up :)

+1mm oversized supertech valves being installed with new supertech bronze valve guides, supertech dual valve springs/titanium retainers, and 5 angle valve job

And HKS 280's showed up today to replace the comp101200's :)

Powdercoated valve cover and intercooler pipes

Last edited:
Pics of the cylinder head back with +1mm oversized supertech valves, supertech bronze valve guides, supertech dual valve spring with titanium retainers, and 5 angle valve job

It's now time to re-assemble engine!!! :)

Update 10/3/2011.... Motor is finally finished and ready to be dropped in

so auto trans should be arriving from IPT shortly, any idea on what shift cable I'm supposed to run in this thing? Its a 1g car with a 2g auto trans, but a 1g stock shifter in the car.....

You should simply need to use the 1G shift cables for the auto.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back