The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

637whp and 499wtq on the stock 1g 6 bolt motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAE made 638hp and 500tq

let's see what mph she does at the track so there is no doubt on her numbers... Everyone that knows me knows i am straight up on what i do. I have no need to boost numbers unlike some people.

Oh no questions about your credibility at all. I was just curious. With numbers like that the car should trap 142-144 fairly easily. I'd say you get a single digit timeslip with that as well. What impresses me the most about your combo is how stock it is. Making power like this with the stock intake manifold is incredible. Goodluck next time you guys go to the track:thumb:

This thread is getting out of control." Stock block" is just the icing on the cake gentleman. He's putting the power down, as you can see from his track times. Most of you who seem to be bitching about 3rd and 4th gear dyno pulls have slow cars, that never made a number, or a time. The other people who are bitching, don't tune cars in my opinion. When you put a car on the dyno, you almost always tune in 3rd in just about every car. You mainly would tune in 4th because big turbo cars and some others need the extra load. Also, when your making power, 3rd gear becomes to short. 3rd gear in a dsm is the closest gear ratio to that 1to 1 ratio, compared to 4th gear. If I was tuning the car in question on a stock block, rods, and rod bolts. I would tune the car in 3rd do few pulls in a street tune, and save the rest for the track. We only use the dyno as it was intended. Getting a number at the end of the session, is just something extra . I'm curios how much boost is she running?

Are you running e85 on that run? Was one jay racing pump not enough? Shed any light on your IDC's or fuel flow out of the jay racing pumps?

don't quote me on this but i believe duty cycle was around 68%. I'd have to double check the aem to give you the exact number. I switched to the 2 pumps because i wanted to rev the car higher now that it has the fp springs. The one pump worked incredibly well for 600whp on e85 revving to 8100rpm but i felt that if i went up to 8800 or 9k the system would not be enough, so to be safe i added the extra pump.

I feel like some people are shiting on his post...

1. i havnt seen anybody else do what he is doing with all the stock parts

2. he is tuneing HIS car this way and it is working

3. i have seen and have video of half dozen dsm shops doing pulls in 3rd - yes some do in 4th - you ask 10 people you will get 10 diff answer

4.this is why people dont post info on here becasue there is always someone who knows more then you but doesnt have shit to show for it

5. i am sure he will do a pull in 4th to make you guys happy

6. the car also has been at CFT and run on THERE DYNO "MUSTANG" and IF he was going anything wrong someone at CFT would have said something

THANK YOU! :ohdamn::applause:

This has gone way off course here. I just wanted to share my results with the community and show just how impressive the stock block really is. I have been doing this for many many years. Funny thing about you mentioning CFT is that i worked for them back in 03-04 when i owned the blue civic si trapping 138-140 and since then i opened my own place and even had a awd dynojet for 2 years. Long story short the economy made me close the mechanical side of the business down and continue just selling parts. But the point is gentleman than it really isnt that hard to know how to dyno or what gear to dyno on and i believe most people would agree so lets please focus on some constructive criticism for our community which is what is important.

Oh no questions about your credibility at all. I was just curious. With numbers like that the car should trap 142-144 fairly easily. I'd say you get a single digit timeslip with that as well. What impresses me the most about your combo is how stock it is. Making power like this with the stock intake manifold is incredible. Goodluck next time you guys go to the track:thumb:

Thats my thought as well. I believe it should do 142-143

(Ostar) When do you plan on hitting the track next?

I was planning on going this friday but i ran into a small problem yesterday. I took her out on the street to make sure she was good to go. I made 2 pulls on 3rd gear all the way to 9k and the afr's were doing well so i then attempted a 3rd run and the car went lean so i let off. After checking the fuel system i found that i had dirty injectors. This is the second time that is has happened after switching to e85 last year. I think this problem lies with my stock 1g gas tank. The pumps must be pulling contaminants from the bottom of the tank. The plan is to talk to jmf and order a fuel cell and add a better filter. After that i should be safe to make an all out run.

This thread is getting out of control." Stock block" is just the icing on the cake gentleman. He's putting the power down, as you can see from his track times. Most of you who seem to be bitching about 3rd and 4th gear dyno pulls have slow cars, that never made a number, or a time. The other people who are bitching, don't tune cars in my opinion. When you put a car on the dyno, you almost always tune in 3rd in just about every car. You mainly would tune in 4th because big turbo cars and some others need the extra load. Also, when your making power, 3rd gear becomes to short. 3rd gear in a dsm is the closest gear ratio to that 1to 1 ratio, compared to 4th gear. If I was tuning the car in question on a stock block, rods, and rod bolts. I would tune the car in 3rd do few pulls in a street tune, and save the rest for the track. We only use the dyno as it was intended. Getting a number at the end of the session, is just something extra . I'm curios how much boost is she running?

With the Ball bearing unit i was at 35psi and the journal that i have now is at 37psi ::hellyeah:

Last edited by a moderator:
With the Ball bearing unit i was at 35psi and the journal that i have now is at 37psi ::hellyeah:

Sounds like a fun ride. What type of timing does the car like up top? I know you can get aggressive on e85 with the timing map. I'm plan to start small with my set-up, and then turn her up thru out this year. Import vs domestic in november. If she last the long, I'll see what she has. My car is equipped with a bw s366 on a stock block. Keep up the good work. I'm also curious, What class will you run in since you're faster then 10.50's but not quite going as fast as those in true street 8.80's or 9.10's?

Making power like this with the stock intake manifold is incredible. Goodluck next time you guys go to the track:thumb:

Yep! And I think alot a folks underestimate how these cars can roll and make goodpower with the stck intake mani. This car is a revelation indeed.:thumb:

Last edited:
I only made 2 less HP on a mustang dyno in 4th instead of 3rd so i saw no difference at all.

Looks like an after market manifold should be last on everyones list. Id feel silly if I had one now.

Looks like an after market manifold should be last on everyones list. Id feel silly if I had one now.

Lol.

Just because someone is making good power with the stock one doesn't mean they wouldn't make more with an aftermarket. I gained over 10% when i ditched the stock manifold...money well spent, even though i wish i had chosen a different manifold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus you get all that street cred for having that bling manifold. :) I enjoy the thought of running the stock manifold and "beating the breaks off" another car with all the fancy trimmings. I lean heavily towards the super sleeper doctrine. Im off to study flow rates on various intake manifolds. Good day sir.

This sunday may 22 at NSCRA i will be making some runs and looking for the 9's. I will keep you guys posted as i will try and make a vid to post up.

Whats up man, are you just going to run T&T? i know True street is going to be way to fast this year for high 9 sec passes.

I'm not really sure as to what class to run. I might just try and qualify first round on 10.5 and use round 2 qualify to do an all out run. Then again i can just run True Street and if i get eliminated then just run T/T.

sounds cool i might go just for T&T my buddy is running the white dsm in 10.5 its hard to compete with when dialed in plus i should have more in it, i will see what i can pull off on tiny 225/50/15 pos bfg drags LOL

Any update on may 22 run?

We went to the event but first pass out the car went lean on the top of second and i let off. Checked the fuel system after that run and found the filters to the dual pumps clogged with dirt or some type of brownish black residue from the tank. This is the second time the tank clogs up my pumps. I put the car back on the trailer and watched the races. my new tank will be here on friday so hopefully i will install it early and go racing friday night.

Nice car and nice numbers..

I can tell you we have dynoed my car in both gears and with the extra load my car makes more power and comes on sooner in 4th but we dyno in 3rd because it will pull the teeth off of 4th if you keep pulling it in that gear.

Nice car and nice numbers..

I can tell you we have dynoed my car in both gears and with the extra load my car makes more power and comes on sooner in 4th but we dyno in 3rd because it will pull the teeth off of 4th if you keep pulling it in that gear.

thx for some justification wise man!.. cant wait to see guys on here like.. why do i keep ripping 4th into crap LOLo

i wish i could make number like that.. ;) enjoy guys

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back