The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2.3L Stroker FP DSM82 E85 Dyno results....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The crank was undercut .010" when I took it to the machine shop (rod bearings) . At that power level is the strength of the crank a concern?

Also the pictures you have in the first post have cop setup. When I had the car I was thinking about getting an dynatek arc 2 since alot of DSMLink guys were running those.

Did you break in the clutch at all?

Is Luke doing the tuning?

Luke does all the tuning for Beyond Redline, so yes. Clutch was broken, from Luke actually, got it from his old 92 red talon. The coil on plug set up in that picture is what was giving us problems, so i put back in the stock wires and coils and it pulled strong til 35lbs, then broke up over that when we tried to run 40. So I need the COP working correctly, beyond redline tried re-wiring it, but its still breaking up even under like 4lbs of boost. Its just not working correctly, something is odd. But for the time being, I'm running the stock coils until it's figured out.

Good numbers congrats. Whats the difference in the 3582HTA and the DSM82HTA?

EDIT: Never mind I found the answer to my question...I have the same turbo I just had mine rebuilt into it.

What size Throttle body are you running?

Nice, subscribed, and you answered my 500HP question with this turbo. This is what I was looking at. I was worried about spool though. And you're running 3" IC pipes. :thumb:

I think so. He mentions stock heads with only a valve job, but I could be wrong.

Congrats on the numbers. I am hoping for similar results cause my build will be similar to yours. How is the turbo? Spool quick? Good airflow? I was lookin into the 82 or 86. Not sure which one yet, but I know it's one of those two.

Mod list is:

Built 2.3L-Eagle Rods, Wiseco Pistons, ACL bearings
Stock head with 5 angle valve job
Comp101200 cams
3g lifters
Mitsu MLS
ARP head studs
ARP main studs
Beyond Redline coil on plug ignition set up
Beyond Redline intake manifold
FP DSM82 dbb turbo with tial mvr 44mm wg and FP recirc 02 housing
FP log style manifold
DSM link v3 with speed density
Precision black fmic with 3" piping
FP 4" intake with K&N filter
Full 3" stainless exhaust
Shep Stage 3 Tranny
ACT 2900 Clutch with 6 puck ceramic disk
Fidanza flywheel
Vr4 front brake calipers
Dual walbaro 255 fuel pumps
Bosch 044 inline fuel pump
1600cc injectors
-8 fuel line
Aeromotive FPR

Nice, subscribed, and you answered my 500HP question with this turbo. This is what I was looking at. I was worried about spool though. And you're running 3" IC pipes. :thumb:

He's running this on a 2.3. If your not using a stroker motor expect to hit full boost between 4500 to 4700. I also run 3" intercooler piping so you can probably save some spool up time with the 2 1/2" piping.

Ya, I noticed that a little later, before when I replied I quickly skimmed, damn lack of sleep! LOL

He's running this on a 2.3. If your not using a stroker motor expect to hit full boost between 4500 to 4700. I also run 3" intercooler piping so you can probably save some spool up time with the 2 1/2" piping.

Thats good to hear, i ahve 2.5" piping, just dont know if the PR FMIC will hold up LOL :D May have to invest in a better core..

UPDATE...trying for more power but now its floating the stock valve springs...so I'm going to throw some Supertech dual valve springs in there over the weekend, along with some adjustable cam gears, and get it back on the dyno monday-tuesday ish to see if I can make even more :)

UPDATE...trying for more power but now its floating the stock valve springs...so I'm going to throw some Supertech dual valve springs in there over the weekend, along with some adjustable cam gears, and get it back on the dyno monday-tuesday ish to see if I can make even more :)

If I was wrong. Good luck.

Last edited:

Damn homie! You must have some deep pockets to be able to dish it out like that on the fly! LOL! Congrats though. Car is sick.

Any work done to the Tranny at all? like internal wise? I am wanting this set up, i will have the block and head here within a month, then it will be a few months till I could afford something again, but am undecided if I should get a tranny built first then get the turbo. Let me know what you think.

I've been tossing around the idea of a 2.3 or a 2.4. I'm on my 5th DSM. Been in the 11s with a 2.0 when the FP reds were a new turbo. There was no such thing as a stroker when I first started modding DSMs, which was back when Dave Buschur and Sean from Extreme Motorsports were still running 16Gs. And when I bought my 1G from the dealership with 17 miles on it. :D

so what made you go with the hta3582 over like an hx40 pro? because I have a really good friend with the hx40 and it is a very capable turbo for like a 1/3 of the price. AMAZING setup though love it :hellyeah:

My guess is, he wanted a real turbo :aha: You get what you pay for, and holsets are not an exception to this rule.

Please avoid turning this thread into a "I hate holset" vs "I love holset". Pretty sure we already have enough of those around here.

Come on man, you say that like holset is a knock off.....:nono:

Any work done to the Tranny at all? like internal wise? I am wanting this set up, i will have the block and head here within a month, then it will be a few months till I could afford something again, but am undecided if I should get a tranny built first then get the turbo. Let me know what you think.

Its a shep stage 3 trans. I'd do your trans first, then turbo. :)

To the OP... Good job with the car! You're turning it into a dyno queen though. Get that thing to the track. Better get a 4 bolt.

I'm not really. I'm getting the car dialed in correctly so that when I do bring it to the track, the car is right, and I'm not begging for a disaster.

Here is the dyno graph comparison of my old graph with a much smaller turbo versus my new graph of the new set up. You can see the DSM82 is spooling up QUICKER than the smaller old 6061! Keep in mind you can see the car is breaking up in the high RPM range due to my lack of dual valve springs causing a valve to float, thus a misfire. I believe once its back on the dyno it will pull 600+hp to 8000

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Sweet that was the tranny I was looking at too. What options did you opt for? I am wanting the evo 1st geAr and input and the taller 5th gear too.

I believe it does have a evo 1st gear, but the previous owner who had it would know more about that. I'd have to ask him or wait for him to chime in :)

Ic, well either way its good to hear that it works great for the setup, cause your set up is similar to what mine is going to be, damn near close. Hope to pull some similar numbers as well. I want to taste 600! :)

Congrats on the numbers! It was nice checking out your car and cody's at automotion over the weekend. What plugs and what were they gapped to when you were using stock coils? I was able to make 640whp on a mustang dyno with no break up issues what so ever with stock coils, br8es gapped down to .020"

Congrats on the numbers! It was nice checking out your car and cody's at automotion over the weekend. What plugs and what were they gapped to when you were using stock coils? I was able to make 640whp on a mustang dyno with no break up issues what so ever with stock coils, br8es gapped down to .020"

Yeah it was nice to see your car too. Thing is crazy.....Makes me want to put 4 slicks on my car ;)

Well we found that it wasn't ignition break up in high rpm, it was my stock valve springs causing valves to float and thus causing the misfire. I'm putting supertech dual valve springs in it now and hoping that solves the issue. For ignition, I'm running Beyond Redline's coil on plug set up and Br8es as well gapped to .024. I'm hoping it still doesn't misfire when the valve springs are in, but we'll see.

BTW...how is that new set up of yours working out? You getting into it yet?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back