The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Wideband install/tuning, who do you guys recommend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa99GST

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 29, 2010
Des Moines, Iowa
So I'm sure most of you guys do your own tuning, but I'm just not familiar with doing so myself, and I would rather not screw it up LOL. I'm about to purchase a wideband, and I'm under the impression that it isn't a simple plug n play mod, so who would you guys recommend for a wideband install/tuning with an SAFC II and a wideband?

Thanks.

Dsmlink or ecuflash with 99 Ecu. You can log the wideband with both. As for installing it, you either have to weld a bung after the flex on the Downpipe or get rid of your rear o2 sensor if your straight piped. I'm trying to set up something with ecmtuning to get a better price on dsmlink pm me if you want in.

What kind of pricing are you looking at? I was planning on eventually going that route, just didn't wanna spend the money right now since I have an SAFC II and a NB sensor right now, and I'm gonna upgrade to a WB sensor right now.

Installing a wideband is pretty much plug and play if you buy the whole kit (gauge, controller, sensor). Then since you're tuning with an SAFC you just..tune with the SAFC. Since you already have the right ECU I'd go ahead and buy the Tactrix 2.0 cable and tune that way, sell the SAFC and you'll have some cash toward the cable, if not all of it, and you'll have a real tuning solution instead of a band aid.

Installing a wideband is pretty much plug and play if you buy the whole kit (gauge, controller, sensor). Then since you're tuning with an SAFC you just..tune with the SAFC. Since you already have the right ECU I'd go ahead and buy the Tactrix 2.0 cable and tune that way, sell the SAFC and you'll have some cash toward the cable, if not all of it, and you'll have a real tuning solution instead of a band aid.

Hmm, never heard of tactrix 2.0, can you link it? I realize you can tune with the SAFC, I just have no idea what to do LOL. I'm a quick learner but I'd rather have someone who does know what they are doing do it since I just had the engine replaced, better to be safe than sorry right?

Tactrix 2.0 is a cable meant for the 98/99 h8 ecu's it is about 170 brand new. You hook it to the obd2 port and the phono plug port next to it. You tune with ecuflash/ceddymods and use evoscan to log. A lot cheaper than dsmlink but no beginner mode and less options

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back