The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What causes a car to shake

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthquakes

I would check to make sure all the lugnuts are tightened, also check that a caliper isnt hanging up

Just a few dozen things..
Low tire pressure isn't one of them unless they were low for a while and developed a flat spot.

Under a certain mph? Is this happening when you are stopping?

If it is then more than likely your brake rotors are shot and will need to be shaved or replaced, and new brake pads put on.

Under a certain mph? Is this happening when you are stopping?

If it is then more than likely your brake rotors are shot and will need to be shaved or replaced, and new brake pads put on.

under 50 mhp and no not while stopping..

Im thinking it low tires pressure, cus they were low all winter..But I'm taking off in the morning and gonna stop and air them up, and i bet that will help..ALso putting my stock wheels back on probly wensday..I know there good n balanced..

I doubt just the low pressure will cause it. Now the low pressure may have caused them to wear weird and now they are just jacked. But Just having low pressure won't make them cause a shake.

Well lets just hope it's low tire pressure, cause before winter she never shaked at all..and the tires were really low all winter..

do you drive daily on these tires? is it really cold where you are?

Not really cold..I can see grass so it's warming up..but 40's upper 40's lately..

Well lets just hope it's low tire pressure, cause before winter she never shaked at all..and the tires were really low all winter..

Not really cold..I can see grass so it's warming up..but 40's upper 40's lately..

Why would you ask us what we think it could be if you think you know its low tire pressure... :p Sheetz or other gas stations have free or 50 cent air... Go do it now..

But my .02 its prob not low tire pressure..

Wheel shaking at high speeds could be alignment..
Wheel thuds and some shaking could be tie rods and wheel bearings..

Many different things...

Why would you ask us what we think it could be if you think you know its low tire pressure... :p Sheetz or other gas stations have free or 50 cent air... Go do it now..

But my .02 its prob not low tire pressure..

Wheel shaking at high speeds could be alignment..
Wheel thuds and some shaking could be tie rods and wheel bearings..

Many different things...

Nope no thuds..and it only shakes over 30 and under 55..otherwise it good to go.I'll pressurize the tires and see if that helps at least..

FInd up the tires today, Id didn't really shake that bad till I hit 80mph, but it still wasn't that bad..Coullda ben the horrible after winter roads making sum of the problem..

My car shakes a bit between 2300-3000RPM, mostly on first and second gears. What could it be?

Ya when I put on the stock wheels same problem..Im thinking now it's just unbalaced wheels..And with the newely painted wheels I can see them causing shake..Gonna get them balanced in the spring..

Wheel bearings are good,, new tie rod on one side..Ball joints I don't really know how to check that..

I'm gonna start with getting the tires balanced..And see what's up after that...

Low tire pressure causes wear on both sides of the tire as if u had negative and positive camber at the same time. (Strange example I know) When you get wear on the tires the balance of course is different so one thing changes another.

Allignment is up to date has about 500 miles on the allingment...The new tires on my car..I'm just gonna get them balanced..That's cheap..I think I lost a weight on one of the tires in my avitar..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back