The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Dynoed again 1033HP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hahaha i see a nice list of mods there.. but not enought stopping power huh? LOL i would expect Wilwood or any Big Brake setup LOL looks like stock with a chute LOL.. im sure the trap speed will hit 195+

this talon is just a pure perfect sleeper powerfulishhhhh LOL good job !!

hahaha i see a nice list of mods there.. but not enought stopping power huh? LOL i would expect Wilwood or any Big Brake setup LOL looks like stock with a chute LOL.. im sure the trap speed will hit 195+

There is a parachute on the back for a reason. When car is in drag for it has 15" wheels and there are not a lot of options for brakes to fir behind a 15" wheel that would stop better than the brakes that are on it now.

Fuel is E98.

I need to make it to the track next time you go, maybe mine will be ready then too

Man, this reading is correct AFR? It seems to me something like 13AFR, 0.90 lambda ..
It would not be too lean? Somehow I know that the maximum power comes with 0.90 I could be wrong .. It seems to me more for refrigeration much rich than its afr..
Sorry about the shape, but I was curious about it. Could you explain this curiosity?
Great done! Congratulations!

Man, this reading is correct AFR? It seems to me something like 13AFR, 0.90 lambda ..
It would not be too lean? Somehow I know that the maximum power comes with 0.90 I could be wrong .. It seems to me more for refrigeration much rich than its afr..
Sorry about the shape, but I was curious about it. Could you explain this curiosity?
Great done! Congratulations!

Car was out of injector, 106% duty cycle, next time on the dyno it will have 8 injectors and make more power ;).

I think we're still satisfied with the last dyno...

We need some track times. :hellyeah:

This is what happens when you build a motor that exceeds the capacities of any transmission/transaxle on the market! Hopefully you guys can put your heads together and figure something out! Would love to see this thing skoot down the track with a semi stock DSM drivetrain :pray:

Aftermarkets axles, aftermarket driveshaft, aftermarket transfer case, aftermarket clutch, modified rear diff now, semistock transmission. Not sure how semi-stock I would consider the drivetrain.

I run an Eliminator fuel pump, base fuel pressure 40psi, FIC Blue Max 2150 injectors @ 90%duty cycle with a 2.0L running 41psi and my trap speed is 157mph. I would try to up your base fuel pressure to make the injectors bigger, or take some weight out of the car.

I suppose at 44psi my car made 947awhp on a Dyno Dynamics dyno in Shoot out mode, but my duty cycle was still around the 90%mark, reving to 9800rpm.

~John

Last edited by a moderator:
I run an Eliminator fuel pump, base fuel pressure 40psi, FIC Blue Max 2150 injectors @ 90%duty cycle with a 2.0L running 41psi and my trap speed is 157mph. I would try to up your base fuel pressure to make the injectors bigger, or take some weight out of the car.

I suppose at 44psi my car made 947awhp on a Dyno Dynamics dyno in Shoot out mode, but my duty cycle was still around the 90%mark, reving to 9800rpm.

~John

What fuel are you on, I am on E98, couldn't turn up the fuel pressure it was already at 55psi. My fueling problems are gone now with 2150 primaries and 900cc secondaries and a Weldon 2345a fuel pump. With 43psi base pressure its a 80% duty cycle at 50psi.

Unfortunately I have not got a full pass out of the car yet but it has trapped 132mph in the 1/8 with issues lifted once on the big end and went a 9.7@156. Car normally backhalves the track 35mph so we will see soon what it does on a full pass. This was at 875hp level so its backing up its dyno numbers.

Its been about working out issues thus far and hopefully this time out it will make a full clean pass for the first time. It has gotten faster every time though so up to now I have been happy.

You can see the updates in the end of this thread. Including the last dyno run log with the new fuel setup.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/drag-strip/345073-drag-standing-mile-project-4.html#post152736512

Last edited by a moderator:
John seems to be a fast name! Haha, always liked johns 1g, and got a chance to see johns gvr4 at BIR this year. 2 very cool cars ;)

I sit in wonder thinking how the hell any form of a mitsu style transmission can hold up to that type of power in a racing enviroment. I say to hell with a driveshaft, put a prop out the back end and mount some wings on that bi***!!!!!!!! :D

Last few track visits proved its going to be about power management at this point. Working on a boost by gear setup and may go to a 8.8 solid rear soon.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back